Hello. I'm new to blackberry and have a bold 9000 which I am hoping to love. However, I can't get it to sync to my mac - I've downloaded pocket mac manager as gather the BBdesktop manager disk that came with it (from O2 in UK) is only PC friendly. When I try to sync with pocket mac manager I get a message "unable to connect to blackberry(error 1) skipping". What I want to do is sync in order to get all the contacts in my address book on my mac onto the blackberry. O2 customer services say they don't offer support to anyone with a mac computer. Mmmmm. Anyone got any tips? (gratefully received as am going mad . . .)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 06:56 AM
    I had better luck with Missing Sync than PocketMac, but in retrospect I can't believe I paid $40 for Missing Sync either!

The best solution I found (before going back to using only Windows for BlackBerry) was to use Google Sync, and then syncing Address Book to Google using some 3rd party thing. I also used GCalDaemon and synced the calendar both ways too. It actually worked quite well, as I never had to hook the phone up to make it work.
    05-12-09 07:01 AM
    05-12-09 07:16 AM
    Thank you. Will give it a go - it looks slightly complicated and I am not very technical but hopefully it will work for me too! I'll have to open a google email account to do it I believe. If you sync via a Google email account can I then use the address book for the 2 other email accounts I have on my blackberry (one work, one personal) or will I only be able to access it via the Google email (which wouldn't be practical as I can't/don't wish to change my email addresses to a google account). What I really need is a layman's step by step guide! (blackberries for dummies doesn't address the mac thing)

05-12-09 07:36 AM
    Have you checked the Mac users section of this forum?
    My friend had success with pocketmac.
    He said he had to install certain drivers, then delete certain files etc.
    And he did get help from cust service via phone.
    Did you call your carrier or RIM? I believe he spoke with RIM

05-12-09 09:03 AM
    The problem is, I got PocketMac working too... but then it eventually caused replication conflicts that it didn't know how to resolve, led to duplicates and lost entries, etc. It's a slipshot tool at best for removing or installing software, the bluetooth integration was built-into the app before it was ever funtional (and to my knowledge STILL doesn't work, after a couple of years), etc. Even if tech support gets it running for you, it's clear that Mac users are left behind in terms of compatible software for the BlackBerry. It's sad, but that's why I opted for the OTA sync solution via Google. It was kinda cool too, because it didn't require supervision or force me to have my BB connected to my computer when I wanted to sync. Both the Macbook and BB synced two ways with the cloud.

05-12-09 10:42 AM
    I have a mac as well. Pocket mac works fine. U have to change a setting on the phone. I forget in detail though

Hello. I'm new to blackberry and have a bold 9000 which I am hoping to love. However, I can't get it to sync to my mac - I've downloaded pocket mac manager as gather the BBdesktop manager disk that came with it (from O2 in UK) is only PC friendly. When I try to sync with pocket mac manager I get a message "unable to connect to blackberry(error 1) skipping". What I want to do is sync in order to get all the contacts in my address book on my mac onto the blackberry. O2 customer services say they don't offer support to anyone with a mac computer. Mmmmm. Anyone got any tips? (gratefully received as am going mad . . .)

05-12-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD