I have poked around on the forums a lot and one major gripe that I see is lack of mac support for blackberry's. As a mac user pocketmac just plain sucks, and missingsync is just insanity to have to pay for that, and the media manager thing blackberry put out is just mediocre at best. Anyway back to the real issue, MP3's. Anytime i would load them on my device I would always just use the good ol' drag and drop, everything would transfer nicely and then comes the fun part. Never knowing how many songs are actually going to show up on your actual storm. I have 1019 songs in an itunes playlist, all just regular MP3 files, and I would always range somewhere between 800-950 of the songs showing up on the device even though they are on the memory card. Some people said delete the BBThumbs file, did that no luck. Other people said just battery pull till they all come up, once again wrong. With all the talk of the Palm Pre being able to sync with itunes seamlessly, I did a little searching and found "iTuneMyWalkman." It is a program that lets any device, as long as it has a mass storage mode, sync with your iTunes. Let me say it works like a charm. I have a storm playlist in my iTunes and just plugged in the device, ran the program, selected the playlist (after a couple of pref. changes in the program, you have to change the load directoy and stuff which was a piece of cake) and amazing all 1019 songs are now transferred and show up on my storm. Just thought all mac users should know about this.

link to the program homepage:
    iTuneMyWalkman
    06-03-09 02:01 AM
    Thanks! Going to have to check this out!

Just a quick question, though. When you were dragging and dropping, were you doing it from iTunes, or from the Music>iTunes folder on the Hard Drive? I had no luck dragging from within iTunes itself, but from the actual music folder with the mp3s it worked fine.
    06-03-09 06:26 AM
    Ok, I just tried this program and had the same result as when I use PocketForMac. Out of 75 songs on a playlist, 35 actually transferred. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I need to change? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    06-03-09 06:40 AM
    It might be because your songs are DRM protected and what not. I don't think the Storm can read those.
    06-03-09 07:33 AM
    Does this program load the cover art also? I use the Media Sync for Mac (beta) and it used to suck but now it works OK - I hate that instead of adding new songs it goes thru and adds all the songs again like overwriting them. Other that that it works alright and I have 1107 songs on my card. It also lets you add your smart and regular playlists. Does ITMW overwrite or just add new/delete removed songs?
    06-03-09 08:22 AM
    sorry I took a couple days to respond. I found out that the album art has to be loaded into the actual MP3 file (whatever that means) but if you do a google search for itunes applescripts there is a script that does it automatically for you and voila you have the album art.

In response to the question if it reloads everything every time. It does not. It reads your phone and your playlist and makes the changes accordingly. It takes about 5-10 mins for me depending on changes or deletions I have done. All in all for the price (FREE!!!!!) can't beat it.
    06-05-09 01:43 PM
    First, this darned app just works! Amazing. Just finished nuking the DM for Mac which was a mess with music sync and started searching for results on Missing Sync and other candidates. Took a chance on this and am so glad it did. Music, playlists and album artwork...all just perfect. I use Google Sync for my calendar, contacts, etc...so all i really wanted was a way to sync media. This fills the bill and it does it well.

Btw, for the artwork issue, it's an easy fix. Just visit Doug's Applescripts. He has a free one for embedding artwork. A snap. Enjoy this one guys. It's a gem.
    10-02-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD