Hello All

Just purchased BB 8330 and am having problems syncing
    Address Book and ICal. I can load music and pictures but no
    luck with the two most important programs I need. After reading
    though the various forums I'm hoping that I've found the right one.

I've reloaded the new version of Pocket Mac and Sync Clean to no avail.

By the way I love the phone, hoping I can work these issues out.

Jmonge
    05-18-08 10:42 AM
    Everytime I try and sync my bb with my mac it says error 1 (skipping) can somebody please help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 04:38 PM
    I've posted tn three different forums and still feed back.
    05-22-08 07:13 PM
    ynchronizing a BlackBerry smartphone using PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones displays error1; (skipping)
    Doc ID : KB14032
    Last Modified : 2008-01-07
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

* Apple Macintosh computer
    * BlackBerry smartphone
    * PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones

Problem

When the BlackBerry smartphone synchronizes using PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones, data is not transferred and the following error appears:

error1; (skipping)

Resolution

To resolve this issue, upgrade to PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones version 4.0.20b.

Additional Information

If the issue occurs with the updated PocketMac version 4.0.20b, perform a hard reset on the smartphone and restart the Apple Macintosh computer. For instructions on performing a hard reset, see KB02141.

Products & Services:

* PocketMac for BlackBerry
    05-22-08 08:01 PM
    Jmonge - tried your suggestions and still couldn't get PocketMac to work. Also tried SyncClean, and the process of dowloading the update suggested here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/sol...-8110-a-36666/

I finally gave up and downloaded the Missing Sync trial ( Mark/Space, Inc. - Download Updates & Demos ). Wow - took far less time for the program to download, and once I set up my preferences, far faster to sync than Pocket Mac was even when it worked. The trial is up in 2 weeks, and if I don't find any weird stuff happening during that time, I'm going to cough up the $40 for Missing Sync. I'll let you all know how it goes...

UPDATE
    Well, the 2nd time I used Missing Sync, I had to do a hard reset on my phone to get the sync to work. I've also discovered that Missing Sync doesn't allow you to install programs. So - following all the directions in this forum, I reinstalled PocketMac. Even with deleting the .kext files from the library, it took many many tries to get it to recognize my device. It also took several tries to get PocketMac to completely update the calendar on my BB (from iCal). The trick seemed to be allowing my Pearl to mount my media card. (When you look at the sync logs, you see that after the program syncs whatever you've told it to, it then looks for mounted media cards..)

One question
    - how do you know for sure that the updated PocketMac driver was actually installed? When I look at my PocketMac version, it is still 4.0.20b and "about" still says version 1.0.9 2005-2006... Nothing seems different about the way the program looks or acts...
    Last edited by GoBBerry; 05-27-08 at 01:49 AM.
    05-22-08 10:31 PM
    Not sure if this will help, but I was having the same problem w/ syncing. I re-loaded pocketmac twice along w/ the driver update. It still gave the same error the next few times I tried. I read one post that said to try a different USB port, same error. I tried the other port and it worked.....Who knew? I have no idea what happened and it makes no sense but it worked. All I tried to sync was my Entourage contacts and it failed so many times, but it worked once - that's all i needed.

So....good luck and keep on trying. I am using a MacBook (White) and a Sprint BB 8330.

Baja.
    05-22-08 11:23 PM
    Here is how I fixed my Pocketmac Skip error 1.

First Install newest version of Pocketmac.
    2. Next BEFORE restarting your Mac, update the driver. Go ahead and restart (may be able to keep working but just to be safe restart).
    3. After your Mac has booted go to your HD mac > System > Library > extensions: look for these two files and delete them

BlackBerryUSBDev.kext
    BlackBerryUSB.kext
    Empty trash bin/can

4. I would recommend Resetting your BB (take battery out while it is on and leave battery out for at least a minimum of 30secs. Also please restart your Mac once again.

5. Restart BB

6. Ok now in my case Pocketmac wasn't recognizing my BB after doing the said steps above Pocketmac was able to read the PIN and I was able to sync everything except Entourage 08. I heard 04 still syncs but not sure. Let me know if this helps. It has tooken care of my sync issues from the skip error.
    05-23-08 01:40 AM
    All you need to do is download the app Missing Sync and this should be able to let you sync your BB8330 to your Mac, I had the same problem, the driver is yet to be available by Apple since the 8330 is a recent device.

Missing Sync does cost about $40 but you can find the download and use the trial version which will allow you to sync all your contacts and other things to your BB Curve.

No need to go on and mess around with extension files if you dont really know what they actually do and you are not comfortable doing that.

It can be downloaded directly from the Apple Site.
    05-23-08 09:37 AM
    Frustrating I know, but it looks like there are a few more suggestions to
    fix the problem, hopefully one of these works.

Good luck

Jmonge
    05-23-08 08:05 PM
    Hey everyone, I'm a new blackberry user, I got a curve 8320 and i want to syncronize it with my macbook, what do i have to do? I got the PocketMac for blackberry but i don't understand how to use it. The only thing i want to do is to copy the agenda on my blackberry into my macbook so its safe there.

could anyoen help me?
    thanks a lot.

BTW i don't have an american carrier
    05-24-08 07:44 AM
    Entourage 04 still syncs. When I got the Curve I had to set the mass storage default to yes. Without it set the two lost connection when I manually selected yes. Oh and the updated driver is needed for newer high speed BB.
    05-24-08 01:35 PM
    Hey guys,
    I know this issue has been beaten to death but I have a more specific issue. I initially downloaded and successfully synced my Curve 8330 to my mac- entourage 2004 via the new version of pocketmac (4.2?). I transfered all my contacts from bb to my mac. I had to do a hard reset on my BB to reset my enterprise corporate account settings since I changed companies. I thus lost all my settings and contacts. I went home and synced successfully again but forgot that I had it on the setting to overide entourage so thus I cleared all my entourage settings out. I then synced my addressbook with entourage 04 and tried to sync again to no avail via pocketmac. I have tried untinstalling multiple times and it does not work. It recognizes my bb and has no errors however when it says complete my blackberry is not contacts are not loaded. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    ps.- i tried both overiding device and sync both setttings. Also have not tried missing sync yet but will later tonight. Thanks.
    08-27-08 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD