I have a macbook and a blackberry 8330 i tried syncing with pocketmac it gets to the end and freezes.......i tried multiple times.....reinstall deleted all other sync software verify and repair permissions emty trash......restarted tried reinstalling again....no luck all i want to do is sync address book (mac) and ical.....and I cannot make it work......PLEASE HELP!!!!! anybody
    04-17-09 10:13 AM
    Hi
    I'm having the exact same problem - the EXACT same problem - and like you have a lonely post that no one seems to answer...
    The alternative seems to be Missing Sync, which is not free, but which you can download on a trial basis for 14 days. Apparently works vis Bluetooth - BUT - so far I haven't been able to get this to work either.

But you might try it, and if you have better luck with it than I did, maybe let it be known?

Good luck - if I get a reply to my post I'll make sure to add it to yours as well.
    04-18-09 08:04 AM
    This is a common issue with Pocketmac. If you can, do a search on my screen name. I have previously posted the instructions for fixing this issue. Not sure if when you uninstalled you deleted all the "hidden" pocketcrap files.

I have listed step by step instructions right from the RIM website. Once you have done this, you will need to reboot your Mac.

Finally, if following the instructions I previously posted doesn't work, you have are still hanging. The next thing I had to recently do was "wipe" my BB. If it is your first time it is a scary thing. LOL!!

However, it should work. But I say this is a last result. UNLESS you have your calendar and contacts on you Mac you WILL LOSE them all. So again, do this as a last result.

Go search under my screen name. If you can't find the posts, post here again and I will find them.
    04-18-09 04:29 PM
    Hi
    I'm having the exact same problem - the EXACT same problem - and like you have a lonely post that no one seems to answer...
    The alternative seems to be Missing Sync, which is not free, but which you can download on a trial basis for 14 days. Apparently works vis Bluetooth - BUT - so far I haven't been able to get this to work either.

But you might try it, and if you have better luck with it than I did, maybe let it be known?

Good luck - if I get a reply to my post I'll make sure to add it to yours as well.
    Any luck with what I suggested?
    04-19-09 08:57 PM
    I solved all issues with going with Bootcamp and the RIM desktop software... I was tired of the battle...
    04-19-09 09:25 PM
    Yes, tried these suggestions, with mixed results...I had already deleted all those files, and yet reinstallation still retained all my preferences, so there's still some other file hidden in there somewhere...

I did find however that if I don't try to sync my CONTACTS, it will successfully sync the calendar. But syncing the contacts causes it to freeze up.

But I do sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give advice!

Glad to know Bootcamp works, may have to go in that direction as well...
    EZ
    04-21-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD