Hi I just bought a Curve from a guy who owns a private cell store. When I got the phone (he sold it for a deal without service) it had information on it and I had to do the ten password to get it to reset. Already feeling dodgy about this I tried to sync my contacts with the phone before I went any further.

After trying I keep getting an error saying that the password is incorrect. I have used the wipe phone feature and reset a new password and this didnt work. I have used both Pocket Mac and Missing Sync and I get the same error message.

When i try to go into settings --> security options --> general setting to disable the security feature I see a red lock next to the word Enabled and I am not allowed to disable this feature.

I am not certain what I can do and as first thought goes, bring it back andget my money, needless to say the guy isnt answering his phone and I cant reach him. So i may be out money and cant use the phone to sync my contacts. I just sold my 8700 and wanted a new blackberry now that I have arrived in the US.

Any help here would be sincerely appreciated.

08-10-07 02:03 AM