I did the simple two way sync with my Mac to the BB Storm and it deleted ALL of my contacts from my BB. The only ones appearing on my phone now are the Mac address and my address which was in the Mac address book (I didn't have these two on BB before). - I only have the option to do a two-way sync or no sync so there's no way I'd have pressed a wrong button.

What else is odd is in my recent call log, it shows all the names, but it doesn't show them anywhere else such as in my e-mail or in text messages. They are the way I put them in (i.e. Mom & Dad, etc.)

Is there anyway I can get my contacts back? I'm hoping there somewhere in BBland considering they still appear somewhere.
    01-17-10 02:17 AM
    Do a Restore from the Blackberry Desk Manager.
    01-17-10 10:30 AM
    I cannot - There is nothing showing to restore.
    01-17-10 04:32 PM
    I did the simple two way sync with my Mac to the BB Storm and it deleted ALL of my contacts from my BB. The only ones appearing on my phone now are the Mac address and my address which was in the Mac address book (I didn't have these two on BB before). - I only have the option to do a two-way sync or no sync so there's no way I'd have pressed a wrong button.

What else is odd is in my recent call log, it shows all the names, but it doesn't show them anywhere else such as in my e-mail or in text messages. They are the way I put them in (i.e. Mom & Dad, etc.)

Is there anyway I can get my contacts back? I'm hoping there somewhere in BBland considering they still appear somewhere.
    In your DM, there is an Advanced Option under the sync options of Calendars and Contacts. Upon first sync, the default might have been set to delete/replace device information. If so, then, the DM synced your Mac's information to your device as opposed to backing up the device.
    01-17-10 09:25 PM
    Here is my dilemma. I recently changed to a MacBookAir and synched my BB - did all the right things. And then.. my some 1300 contacts disappear. But here is the strange part. When any person previously listed on my contacts calls - they are accurately identified and call log shows their name. The same applies to my speed dials. Help..I am sure my contacts are somewhere on my BB.
    10-23-11 05:10 PM
    In your DM, there is an Advanced Option under the sync options of Calendars and Contacts. Upon first sync, the default might have been set to delete/replace device information. If so, then, the DM synced your Mac's information to your device as opposed to backing up the device.
    I've managed to do the same thing. Is there any way of retrieving the contacts when they've synched from the computer to the device? They weren't backed up so I'm hoping for some sort of 'undo'!
    11-12-11 11:30 AM
    Ok, This is how it works on my phone. I'm using BB Torch 9800 and DM for Mac.
    I've just got my new phone. I have entered several contacts manually and decided, instead of typing data manually just to sync my Mac and phone together. What a disaster! As I was going through the process it asked me if I want ether combine contacts or sync them with Mac. I clicked on sync and it successfully erased my previously typed in contacts. They were in the history of phone calls but not in the Contacts folder anymore. More to that, they started to loose names but keep the phone numbers. Good I remember my wife's phone by memory but not 50 other contacts. I could not restore those contacts from the phone's memory. So I typed them all in Mac's Address Book. They synced well with the phone.

Then I decided to do an experiment. In DM menu I clicked on 'Forget the phone' (I'm using Russian DM so I'm not sure what equivalent it would be in English DM). It dropped all the settings for my phone and when I connected my phone back and started syncing process I chose 'Combine contacts' and it did.

Unfortunately I still have a problem. I add a new contact in my phone, I sync the phone with Mac, it drops the contact to Mac and DELETES it from my phone!!!!!! What is that?? Then I open this contact in Mac, add, correct few details there, go through syncing and then it appears in my phone. But why do I have to put my new contact in the phone, sync, edit contact, sync again and only then it is both in my phone and Mac? I don't understand. May be I should look for another software.

Blessings to all, and Merry Christmas!
    12-21-11 07:47 AM
    Same thing here, all my contacts are gone after I updated my os. After the update my bb protect only shows the backup performend after the update. Before performing the update I of course did make un update, however going back to that didn't restore my contacts.
    12-25-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD