04-29-09 08:36 PM
33 12
tools

GOING NUTS HERE - I JUST SWITCHED FROM THE CURVE TO THE BOLD AND TRYING TO SYNC WITH MY MAC. THE ERROR MESSAGE I'M GETTING IS THAT ITS 'SKIPPING' - WHAT ON EARTH DOES THIS MEAN?
    I'VE REINSTALLED THE POCKETMAC SYNC MANAGER TO NO AVAIL. THE ON THE BLACKBERRY SITE UNDER 'SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD FOR BLACKBERRY SUPPORT' YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM A WIDE MENU OF DIFFERENT SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAD - NO OPTION OF 9000 OR BOLD. NOT SURE WHERE THE PROBLEM IS BUT STILL HAVE AN EMPTY BOLD .....CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?
    09-09-08 12:52 PM
    I know some will disagree and have pocket mac installed and working fine but it would never work for me, I paid for missing sync software for blackberry which works flawlessly

hope this helps
    09-09-08 02:47 PM
    I know some will disagree and have pocket mac installed and working fine but it would never work for me, I paid for missing sync software for blackberry which works flawlessly

hope this helps
    How much is missing sync? Not that I can't look it up, but I'm being lazy.
    09-09-08 02:59 PM
    i can't sync it to my mac
    09-09-08 09:31 PM
    I have had pocketmac work and not, it is crap
    09-09-08 09:36 PM
    Has anyone used missing sync with the bold yet? how is it?

can you sync your music through it or can you do that directly through iTunes now? (I thought I read you could somewhere.)
    09-09-08 10:30 PM
    Missing sync worked perfectly with my curve, I plugged my new bold in with the "there is no way this is going to work" thought in my head but it did..........perfectly. I only use if for contacts and itunes.

Yes it will put all the songs you want on it from itunes but not in playlist format. i.e. if you tick 3 playlists and sync the BB all the songs will be on there but not in playlist format. I just have one playlist in my itunes library named BB, I just sync it to this playlist only. Missing sync in my opinion should shipped free with the handsets as the next best thing to desktop manager. All be it a very distant 2nd to desktop manager

My pocket mac experience was awful!! So I paid for missing sync and have not regretted it. it's $40 link below

Hope this helps .....good luck

The Missing Sync for BlackBerry - Synchronize Mac OS X and BlackBerry
    09-10-08 02:48 AM
    I have the bold and the missing sync and it works flawlessly, you need to set it up in the preferences, but then everytime it works, well worth the money for flawless mac syncing.

Ohhh, and Hi everyone I'm new!!!!!!
    09-10-08 06:14 AM
    Ohhh, and Hi everyone I'm new!!!!!!
    Welcome to CB
    09-10-08 06:35 AM
    I just lost everything. When I tried to sync my Bold, it asked for my password, which I correctly entered, and after 3 attempts my Bold wiped itself. Anyone else have this happen?
    09-19-08 02:55 PM
    Dude I also got Missing Synch, which means we are going to be Missing Synch Buddies

btw I still haven't up'd to the latest OS... I will most likely tomorrow at the office.. so your guidance will be much appreciated dude

-Joey
    LMAO! all the guidance you need is in the sticky!! If I had a dollar for everytime you had upgraded LOL!

I am in office all day so will be around, PM me if you want but I won't be telling you anything tha's not in the sticky

Good luck
    09-20-08 01:22 AM
    have you all tried the new version of pocketmac? I have not had any problems with it.
    09-20-08 04:53 AM

GOING NUTS HERE - I JUST SWITCHED FROM THE CURVE TO THE BOLD AND TRYING TO SYNC WITH MY MAC. THE ERROR MESSAGE I'M GETTING IS THAT ITS 'SKIPPING' - WHAT ON EARTH DOES THIS MEAN?
    I'VE REINSTALLED THE POCKETMAC SYNC MANAGER TO NO AVAIL. THE ON THE BLACKBERRY SITE UNDER 'SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD FOR BLACKBERRY SUPPORT' YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM A WIDE MENU OF DIFFERENT SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAD - NO OPTION OF 9000 OR BOLD. NOT SURE WHERE THE PROBLEM IS BUT STILL HAVE AN EMPTY BOLD .....CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?
    It is sunday, time to switch from BB curve to Bold 9000 I thought.
    Latest version of PocketMac Syncmanager, but it just does not sync, did anyone find a solution ? I have a Macbook Air OSX
    09-28-08 05:42 AM
    Hi All, I have bold & mac air, and i did sync contacts using missing link, but second time when i tried to sync, i had error saying 169 contacts would be deleted from mac contacts list, whereas i have not edited in either> any help please
    10-01-08 04:33 PM
    I used Missing Sync for my BB Bold and it worked very well except that only 300 out of my 700 songs in iTunes showed up on my BBerry. I have PLENTY of room, so space is not the issue.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    11-08-08 03:19 PM
    I just bought missing sync and no matter what I try, it will not connect with my macbook, gutted!
    11-08-08 03:56 PM
    Seeing a few mixed comments on this. I have had very crazy results with pocket mac. I have the new Bold with AT&T and it did the initial sync fine and then since then it will not sync and some contacts are missing or missing info. AHHH!!! I am going to try Missing Sync and report back on status-

V.
    11-08-08 07:43 PM
    I recently purchased Missing Sync and I haven't had any problems whatsoever.
    11-11-08 08:58 AM
    Sucks that mac users have to pay to sync their BB's with their computers... ugh
    11-12-08 10:28 AM
    I had Missing Sync working very well with my 8800. Changed to a Macbook Uniframe and a Bold and know each time I sync I loose a couple contacts!

What is the reliable way to sync with the MAC OSX?
    11-19-08 09:40 AM
    I see several references to the Mark/Space Missing Synch product. I understand that many people seem to have luck with it, but my experience has been awful. Twice I have paid for it (over the course of 3 years, with two different Mac's and two different phone devices). In both cases, after following the auto install prompts very carefully, the application failed to properly install and would never initiate to perform even an initial synch. I got nothing from it but frustration. Be aware also, and this is the WORST part of my experience, that Mark/Space has literally NO tech support of any kind. There is no product documentation, no release notes, no web site FAQ's, and no way to communicate with anyone voice-to-voice in order to resolve any issues. The company claims to offer tech support via email, but I have never received even a single response form them or even acknowledgement of my emails. About the worst experience that I've had with any software product as far as "support" or even "assistance" is concerned.
    11-24-08 08:13 AM
    Hi, am trying to find an alternative to the stupid pocketmac.. I think Missing Synch sounds good.. But how does that compare with 'Busy Sync'? would i be recommended to get both (since both incur a fee)

Thanks
    11-27-08 07:04 PM
    i hope i dont have this kind of trouble wehn i get my bold.
    11-27-08 07:15 PM
    I used Missing Sync for my BB Bold and it worked very well except that only 300 out of my 700 songs in iTunes showed up on my BBerry. I have PLENTY of room, so space is not the issue.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    First off, are the files you are trying to copy DRM protected (ie, did you buy them from iTunes?) If so, that would be why those didn't transfer.

If that isn't the case, make sure they aren't in some weird format, and then instead of using missing sync, plug your BB in to where on your desktop you have 2 mounted drives (Blackberry1 and Blackberry2) - the BB2 will be your memory card, try dragging the missing files directly to the card. I never use a syncing program for my music, I just drag and drop what I want.
    11-29-08 12:13 PM
    Hey everyone, i have a MB pro and a Bold and missing sync works perfect. But i would like to switch theme and download a new one and i dont have a internetplan yet. What can i do, Sync a finder map in missing sync? Bluetooth transfer?
    11-29-08 12:57 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD