First of all, I'm a newbie to CrackBerry (5 Days old), so please be gentle with me.

By reading the forums, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I could sync up my Blackberry on my Mac. I have been using my Windows XP pc infrequently to backup my Blackberry. I am ready to load PocketMac on my MacBook and I have a few questions:

1. Is my Blackberry going to freak out because it had previously been synced on Windows pc and now I am using a Mac?

2. Is there anything that I need to know before making this switch? Any advice that you have to offer will be greatly appreciated.

Just so you know, I did search the forums before sending this thread.

Thank you!
    07-17-08 03:28 PM
    Hey welcome to CB.

1. Your BB should not freak out.

2. Pocket Mac is sketchy. It is no were near Desktop Manager. I am using it because I haven't found a way to justify paying for missing sync. I have had two problems with pocket Mac.

I use ical and pocket Mac syncs it, but I always end up with multiple entries on my BB even after I cleared the calendar on my BB. The problem was because I had multiple calendars in ical i.e. birthdays, holidays, and then a calendar for my BB. When syncing it got confused. So I am sticking with just one calendar in ical and it seems to be working.

I have also had problems installing programs using pocket Mac. As of now I have resorted to OTA downloads. When I would use pocket Mac to download the programs or themes it would install fine but when I would go to uninstall it would not do a thing. The program was not in the applications list on my BB and the pocket sync uninstaller did not help either.

One last thing when a new OS comes out i.e. OS 4.5 you will not be able to update it using your Mac. All os updates are pc based.

Let me know if you have other questions.
    07-20-08 11:07 AM
    Thank you for the response, Cuban DudeCA!

I went ahead and load the PocketMac application and it worked fine. Unfortunately, I have been using Desktop Manager for so long that I could definitely tell that PocketMac is a less superior application. So, I decided to continue using the Desktop Manager until PocketMac steps up its game considerably.
    07-23-08 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD