Please excuse me for being unfamiliar with this but I want to upgrade to BBM 5.0...I've been reading/hearing mixed reviews about it so I wanted to know how I could downgrade and put the older BBM SW back on my Tour if needed, I have a Mac and use the new DM.

Also...whenever I plug my Tour into my computer the DM is recommending I downgrade my OS software...anyone else get this?

Any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated
    10-24-09 05:22 PM
    I did the upgrade on my Mac and everything went well (be patient). Before you download BBM 5.0 do a back up with the DM and if you don't like it remove it under Applications and reload it under restore.
    Last edited by david9962000; 10-24-09 at 07:11 PM.
    10-24-09 07:01 PM
    ...I want to upgrade to BBM 5.0...I've been reading/hearing mixed reviews about it so I wanted to know how I could downgrade and put the older BBM SW back on my Tour if needed
    You have 4.7 on your device now. When/if you install 5.0, you'll have both. 5.0 will not overwrite 4.7. If for whatever reason you don't like 5.0 and you want to revert, just delete 5.0 from your apps list and restart the device. FYI, I'm acquainted with 3 people that had to install (reinstall) 5.0 a couple times before it took. The download / install process is kinda buggy.
    10-24-09 09:19 PM
    You have 4.7 on your device now. When/if you install 5.0, you'll have both. 5.0 will not overwrite 4.7. If for whatever reason you don't like 5.0 and you want to revert, just delete 5.0 from your apps list and restart the device. FYI, I'm acquainted with 3 people that had to install (reinstall) 5.0 a couple times before it took. The download / install process is kinda buggy.
    Hi RegE,
    I was unhappy with my recently downloaded BBM 5.0 and wanted to go back to 4.7. I followed your instructions and now I don't have any version of BBM on my phone. Any suggestions as to how to get 4.7 back on my phone?
    Also, I have a mac computer which seems to make a difference in downloading and backing up.
    11-25-09 04:42 PM
    Hi RegE,
    I was unhappy with my recently downloaded BBM 5.0 and wanted to go back to 4.7. I followed your instructions and now I don't have any version of BBM on my phone.
    I'm not sure if the Tour is the same as the Curve or not when it comes to what I referenced above. When you check your apps in Advanced Options, no version of BBM is present? After removal of 5.0, did you reboot?
    11-25-09 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD