I have a brand new Storm and a two-month old Mac Book Pro. I downloaded Pocketmac and was able to sync everything from my Blackberry 8800 with no problems. I tried with the storm and it didn't recognize the phone at first. Called Blackberry IT and was given a link to change settings on the phone and in the computer. (Instructions at bottom of post) It worked!!

Then tried again and this time was able to sync contacts and tasks (yay!), but calendar and notes/stickies still not transferring.

Does anyone have a solve for this? It was a big step to even get the Storm connected and contacts transferred, hoping it's just a minor fix to get calendar and notes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Evelyn

~~~~~~~~~~~
    If PocketMac 4.1.25 for BlackBerry smartphones is unable to detect a BlackBerry Storm smartphone after the installation of the driver update, complete the following steps:

On the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
    In the Options menu, click Memory.
    Set the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) option to Off.
    Set the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected option to either Yes or Prompt.

Open the Extensions folder by navigating to HD > System > Library > Extensions.
    Delete the following files:
    BlackBerryUSB.kext
    BlackBerryUSBDev.kext
    04-30-09 04:36 PM
    I never had luck with PocketMac, I attempted at least 4 times to install and uninstall, but it never worked, like you it would sync once or twice and then stop syncing all together. PocketMac even deleted all my contacts twice, so be sure that you have everything backed up.

I have been using MarkSpace MissingSync for years now it will cost you $40 but it syncs every time.
    04-30-09 05:10 PM
    good to know. have been reading that missing sync has not worked well with newer blackberrys, particularly the storm. have you had success with a bold/storm/new curve?
    04-30-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD