This is the exact response from a Pocketmac Tech Rep....

- "Thanks for writing us at PocketMac Support. I am sorry you still can't
    connect your BlackBerry Storm and PocketMac for BlackBerry to synchronize.
    We've recently discovered a media setting on the phone that needs to be changed.

The details are below...

Media Transfer Protocol: How do we turn off MTP mode on the Storm?

All the new Storms come with this mode enabled by default, and this is something that Macs don't support, at least with respect to Mass Storage.

MTP or Media Transfer Protocol should be enabled by default on a BlackBerry Storm device.

To find this option on a BlackBerry Storm, navigate to Options > Memory. You
    will see an option for "Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)". Here you can either enable or disable this feature on the device."

Please disable this feature on your BlackBerry Storm, you will be prompted
    to save the settings when you back out of this menu to your home screen.

Finally, please attempt a synchronization session with PocketMac
    SyncManager. We look forward to your reply!! "

Hope This Helps You All struggling with pocketmac and your storm!!
    01-06-09 11:07 AM
    If that doesn't work..... which it might not.

There are a few problems that can prevent a successful sync on a new BlackBerry. Please follow the instructions below to correct a few common issues.

Please shutdown the Mac and restart the BlackBerry by taking out the battery for 30 seconds. Turn on the Mac.

Please plug directly into your Mac, not the keyboard. Please connect with a powered USB hub if possible, or charge the device first.

1. Open 'PocketMac SyncManager'.
    2. Plug in BlackBerry via USB.
    3. Press 'Sync'.

If your BlackBerry has a memory card, you should open Settings->Options->Advanced Options->Media Card on the BlackBerry and choose “On” for everything, and then "Yes" for Auto Enable mass storage device instead of "Prompt".

After that change, dismount the media card from the Mac, quit PocketMac and disconnect the device.

Reboot the Mac.

Connect the BlackBerry, start PocketMac and future syncing should behave itself.
    01-06-09 02:21 PM
    I'm not having any sync problems with Pocketmac on a new MBP and my Storm. I just downloaded the latest USB driver from the Blackberry site. And my MTP is enabled.
    01-08-09 05:53 PM
    This is the exact response from a Pocketmac Tech Rep....

- "Thanks for writing us at PocketMac Support. I am sorry you still can't
    connect your BlackBerry Storm and PocketMac for BlackBerry to synchronize.
    We've recently discovered a media setting on the phone that needs to be changed.

The details are below...

Media Transfer Protocol: How do we turn off MTP mode on the Storm?

All the new Storms come with this mode enabled by default, and this is something that Macs don't support, at least with respect to Mass Storage.

MTP or Media Transfer Protocol should be enabled by default on a BlackBerry Storm device.

To find this option on a BlackBerry Storm, navigate to Options > Memory. You
    will see an option for "Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)". Here you can either enable or disable this feature on the device."

Please disable this feature on your BlackBerry Storm, you will be prompted
    to save the settings when you back out of this menu to your home screen.

Finally, please attempt a synchronization session with PocketMac
    SyncManager. We look forward to your reply!! "

Hope This Helps You All struggling with pocketmac and your storm!!

This didn't work for me.
    01-13-09 05:30 PM
    so i just spent an hour talking with a VZW representative and we figured it out, kind of, =p . so basically the Pocketmac still has a lot of bugs with it. i couldn't get it to recognize my Blackberry. But we did manage to find a fix for me:

IM USING A Macbook Pro. 2.3 ghz.

Basically I'm not using my BB for anything businesslike so I just want to use it for the Media Experience =]

go to

(Options -> Memory : then make sure that "Mass Storage Mode Support" and "Media Card Support" is set to "On", and "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" is set to "Prompt".)

Connect to your computer.

NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS ANNOYING.

IF YOU WANT TO ADD MUSIC, pictures, video, anything media based, CLICK YES ON THE PROMPT! Pocketmac still won't recognize it but at least your computer will. on the desktop should be a driver called Blackberry 1 if you don't have a media card present and/or Blackberry 2 if you do. Both options will show up if you do have a media card present. From there open the driver on your desktop called 'Blackberry 2' then click on the folder Blackberry. you should see multiple folders such as Music, Documents,...etc. You should be able to drag and drop the files you want to the specified folder.

IF YOU WANT TO BACK UP YOUR BLACKBERRY ON POCKETMAC, CLICK NO ON THE PROMPT. THE COMPUTER WON'T RECOGNIZE THE BB BUT POCKETMAC WILL. pretty weird i must say. There probably is an easier way to do this, but for night now, VZW has no external resources about Pocketmac.

This is my first post on Blackberry. Sorry if it sucked =p
    01-15-09 05:55 PM
    so i just spent an hour talking with a VZW representative and we figured it out, kind of, =p . so basically the Pocketmac still has a lot of bugs with it. i couldn't get it to recognize my Blackberry. But we did manage to find a fix for me:

IM USING A Macbook Pro. 2.3 ghz.

Basically I'm not using my BB for anything businesslike so I just want to use it for the Media Experience =]

go to

(Options -> Memory : then make sure that "Mass Storage Mode Support" and "Media Card Support" is set to "On", and "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" is set to "Prompt".)

Connect to your computer.

NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS ANNOYING.

IF YOU WANT TO ADD MUSIC, pictures, video, anything media based, CLICK YES ON THE PROMPT! Pocketmac still won't recognize it but at least your computer will. on the desktop should be a driver called Blackberry 1 if you don't have a media card present and/or Blackberry 2 if you do. Both options will show up if you do have a media card present. From there open the driver on your desktop called 'Blackberry 2' then click on the folder Blackberry. you should see multiple folders such as Music, Documents,...etc. You should be able to drag and drop the files you want to the specified folder.

IF YOU WANT TO BACK UP YOUR BLACKBERRY ON POCKETMAC, CLICK NO ON THE PROMPT. THE COMPUTER WON'T RECOGNIZE THE BB BUT POCKETMAC WILL. pretty weird i must say. There probably is an easier way to do this, but for night now, VZW has no external resources about Pocketmac.

This is my first post on Blackberry. Sorry if it sucked =p
    This didn't work for me. Not sure if this is a new problem introduced in 10.5.6 but I haven't been able to sync my address book since.
    01-19-09 02:10 PM
    By turning on the prompt i was able to drag pictures and what not. My question is with the music can it be a mp3 format or does it have to be a wma format?
    01-29-09 10:46 AM
    I'm not having any sync problems with Pocketmac on a new MBP and my Storm. I just downloaded the latest USB driver from the Blackberry site. And my MTP is enabled.
    Yes. Exactly. I plugged my Storm in to my Mac....i got a message saying i needed the latest usb drivers. Got them (provided link) and it works just fine.

Never an issue.
    01-31-09 10:23 AM
    I have tried everything I have read. And I still can not get the contacts to sync. The mac see's the storm, but it will not sync the contacts. Any help
    01-31-09 03:38 PM
    ^^^Just covering the obvious...but you do have that option checked off as a "syncable" feature, right?

...under "contacts" there is one general check box to, and about 6 different contact book options. I have the general box checked and the first one on the list. (Sorry too lazy to re-open it to get the exact names)...but i know that's straight forward...

M only alternate advice is to uninstall pocketmac and all related files... reinstall, and hope for the best. (maybe your mac needs a firmware update?...)
    01-31-09 10:03 PM
    Reading this post finally got it working for me. This is my third replacement and the other times I had to sync i got frustrated and forgot how I got it working the previous time.

Options > Memory > MTP turned off
    >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mass Storage On
    >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mass Storage Detected OFF

This worked for me. Plug in the storm first and then open pocketmac

can't wait for september for the desktop manager.
    08-14-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD