Hi guys,

So I got a refurbished unlocked Blackberry storm.
    Everything on the storm is working fine.
    However I'm trying to set it up with my Mac and getting nowhere.
    Basically I've connected the Storm to the Mac with the usb cable and I get nothing. I've gone into the memory settings on the Blackberry and changed the settings as suggested by other people in other threads but still nothing.
    I uninstalled Pocket Mac and reinstalled it and I even got the leaked copy of desktop manager for Mac that's on a link on this site and nothing happens.

I've formatted my memory card in the Storm and its still not connecting.

I think the USB lead is working fine as the Storm is charging when connected.

I just want to sync the Blackberry to get my contacts and calendar stuff on there.
    Is there a way to do this over bluetooth?

Does anybody have any idea on whats wrong?
    09-29-09 01:18 PM
    mine is same.
    09-29-09 01:23 PM
    It's flaky...usually I don't have to try more than 4 times to connect to Mac Desktop Manager. Ususally it works on the second try.

I think it might help to put the Storm in mass storage mode.

It does work though.

PocketMac...I never could get that to work.
    09-29-09 01:29 PM
    Its just strange that there's no response from the blackberry or mac to show that they're connected.
    There must way to get them to work.
    09-29-09 01:35 PM
    Mac Desktop Manager should tell you whether it connected successfully or failed to connect......

I think there is an issue with having them both installed...you have to uninstall PacketMac for Desktop Manager to work.
    09-29-09 01:48 PM
    It's flaky...usually I don't have to try more than 4 times to connect to Mac Desktop Manager. Ususally it works on the second try.

I think it might help to put the Storm in mass storage mode.

It does work though.

PocketMac...I never could get that to work.
    You are talking about the leaked Desktop Manager correct? Or did something happen that I don't know about?

And Yes, PacketMac sucked. Never got it to work either.
    09-29-09 01:50 PM
    The desktop manager software will only proceed once it detects that a device is connected, it doesnt detect my storm.
    I uninstalled the Pocketmac software but still no joy.

Its unusual that it wont even detect the media card.
    09-29-09 02:17 PM
    I have absolutely no problems with the leaked Desktop Manager for Mac. PocketMac also ran flawlessly. I have a MBP w/ Snow Leopard 6.1.
    09-29-09 04:28 PM
    when you say detecting the media card, do you mean it doesn't mount to the desktop? are you sure your phone is turned to on or prompt in mass storage mode?

also, the leaked DM has worked fine for me. MB Aluminum with SL 10.6.1
    09-29-09 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD