Just wanting to get the community together for all who have Storms and sync with their Macs! Let me know problems, Syncing Solutions, Tethering Successes, and all everything else!

***Currently Using Pocketmac for sync, VZ Access Manager for tethering***
    03-16-09 04:00 PM
    Hi lol. I was trying to use Pocketmac but that only worked every now and then. Since all I really need to do is transfer music I have been using Blackberry Media Sync.

I hope that RIM allows BB's to be more user friendly with Macs. It may not be the largest market, but it certainly is not the smallest.

I used to use VZ Access Manager, but I actually had the part the plugs into the computer. Soon as I got the Dare, then the Storm I no longer paid for the Access subscription. I am thinking about TetherBerry. That sounds like a viable option.
    03-19-09 02:42 AM
    Sync: Missing Sync (PocketMac keeps giving me issues)

Tether: USB Tether via Verizon Access Manager

**Note: I have another CDMA provider which I've edited my phone to work with. So I was able to successfully change the VZAM settings to use my correct username/password/dial # settings.
    03-19-09 11:33 PM
    Missing sync is a great solution I just have a hard time shelling out the money for it....What problems do you run into with pocket mac? I too had problems with my storm but deleted everything completely and left out the updated drivers patch then voila! Worked just fine!!
    03-20-09 01:26 AM
    It stops responding constantly. Seem's like it's a known hit/miss issue last time I checked.
    03-20-09 02:17 AM
    I am avoiding MS and PM for now. I simply hooked up my Storm via USB to my Mac and copy/pasted my pix to the phone. I am debating using double Twist for some of my music and videos. I am waiting to see if MS gets it's act together. Too many ppl having problems with it. Maybe RIM will release a full DM for us but I am not holding my breath. I simply had my contact list from my prior phone (see signature) transferred over to my Storm. Only draw back was a few missed addresses and those I physically typed in.
    03-20-09 09:52 AM
    Running .109 (and LOVING IT)
    Have Missing Sync but using DM on Windows Vista for updates and backups
    Use Media Sync for Mac (beta) since my music and photos are on my Mac
    Use Google Sync to keep iCal/calendars and Address Book/contacts straight
    It'll be nice when/if we get a DM but until then I do OK.
    03-20-09 10:36 AM
    If you go to Blackberry you can download Media Sync for free. It transfers all of your iTunes Music amazingly.
    03-20-09 12:03 PM
    I really like media sync, but my issue with it is the fact protected music still cannot be transferred, why not just drag and drop and keep the functionality of using Pocketmac or Missing Sync? I tried media sync and really liked it but pocket mac will sync unprotected music as well.
    03-20-09 05:14 PM
    Am i the only one who hasnt had to download anything to transfer iTunes music over? All I do is open my Mem. Card and drag my music over. What are you all doing beside that?
    03-20-09 11:44 PM
    Am i the only one who hasnt had to download anything to transfer iTunes music over? All I do is open my Mem. Card and drag my music over. What are you all doing beside that?
    Can you please explain exactly what you mean? I have 1,200 DRM protected songs on my iTunes on my iMac and obviously would like to get them on my Storm, have you accomplished this?
    03-21-09 01:03 AM
    Can you please explain exactly what you mean? I have 1,200 DRM protected songs on my iTunes on my iMac and obviously would like to get them on my Storm, have you accomplished this?
    Apparently. I have DRM music bought through iTunes and I have music I just recently bought after they got rid of the DRM protection. I have not changed over my library of DRM music because it would cost $43 to do so. I transfered 1 song that I new was DRM protected through iTunes and played it on my phone. After that everything I put on there was working. I didnt do anything special to make them work, just dragged them over.

I have no idea what would be different for me but thats what has happened for me.
    03-21-09 11:23 PM
    its weird...the last two days, when i plug my storm into my macbook, my macbook freezes and tells me that i have to restart the system. anyone know why this is going on?
    03-22-09 04:17 AM
    its weird...the last two days, when i plug my storm into my macbook, my macbook freezes and tells me that i have to restart the system. anyone know why this is going on?
    That does sound weird. Haven't had that problem before. Have you tried doing a battery pull on the Storm, and then connecting to your Mac? Not sure if that will help, but it's worth a try.
    03-22-09 12:24 PM
    That does sound weird. Haven't had that problem before. Have you tried doing a battery pull on the Storm, and then connecting to your Mac? Not sure if that will help, but it's worth a try.

yea, i already tried that. i also removed the battery from the macbook too, and it is still doing it. and the weird thing is that now it is doing it when i try to hook up my printer to it too. the only thing i am able to connect to my macbook through usb is my ipod....everything else makes me have to restart it.
    03-22-09 05:33 PM
    Apparently. I have DRM music bought through iTunes and I have music I just recently bought after they got rid of the DRM protection. I have not changed over my library of DRM music because it would cost $43 to do so. I transfered 1 song that I new was DRM protected through iTunes and played it on my phone. After that everything I put on there was working. I didnt do anything special to make them work, just dragged them over.

I have no idea what would be different for me but thats what has happened for me.
    I have always been under the impression that since iTunes purchases songs are DRM you cannot transfer them to the Storm and have them successfully play. After reading flashman's post about plugging it in via usb and just dragging and dropping the iTunes files I have successfully managed to transfer my entire iTunes library along with the clip art that it came with from iTunes!!! The only down part is I have to do it manually and my iTunes playlists don't transfer over but those 2 things are no big deal considering I now have all my iTunes purchased songs and clip art on my Storm! It looks and sounds so good on the Storm! Just wanted to pass this along....sorry if this is a known feature to everyone else but me but if it's not then I'd thought I'd share. Thanks flashman for giving me the idea.
    03-22-09 07:18 PM
    yea, i already tried that. i also removed the battery from the macbook too, and it is still doing it. and the weird thing is that now it is doing it when i try to hook up my printer to it too. the only thing i am able to connect to my macbook through usb is my ipod....everything else makes me have to restart it.
    alright, i think i figured it out. i went and downloaded the software update that was released for mac os x 10.5.6, and once it was installed, my computer is able to recognize my blackberry....the only problem now is that it only notices blackberry2, not blackberry1. so now i have to try and figure that out.
    03-22-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD