Here's the deal: all I want to do is to connect my Blackberry Storm (9530) to my MacBook via USB and manage my SD card. The disk images do not so up whatsoever on the desktop or under "Devices" in the finder window. I searched through the Mac and the Storm forums as well as endless Google searches - no luck. Hopefully if I lay out all my information here someone out there can give me a hand with this common, but extremely frustrating problem. This my second Storm, the old one had zero problems connecting.

As far as I know my BlackBerry USB is working properly. When I connect it to my MacBook, the battery indicator is shown as charging. When I go to "About this Mac" > "More Info...", my BB is listed in the USB Device Tree as plugged in to the USB port. This works for both of the USB ports. I know for certain that all ports are working correctly, my iPod and various USB drives show up fine.

My Storm's OS is currently at 4.7.0.148 and my Mac's OS is at 10.5.7 with all recent updates. "Media Card Support" is on, "Mass Storage Mode Support" is on too. I have tried many different options with that; enabling/disabling the card, setting it to "Auto" when connected, setting it to prompt as well. In that menu I have hit the BB Key and selected "Remove Media Card" and then installing it again. No luck.

Even after all the restarts and battery pulls, the disk images (Blackberry 1, Blackberry 2) refuse to show up on my MacBook's desktop. If anyone out there has any advice other then "Is mass storage mode enabled?" my ears are open.
    07-15-09 07:15 PM
    Even when you get this working, Blackberry1 most often will NOT show. Sometimes it will, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. Blackberry2 will show.

Go to Finder>Preferences>General and be sure that you have External Disks ticked ON. Also do the same in Finder>Preferences>Sidebar.
    07-15-09 10:44 PM
    Everything is ticked and turned on. I visited my brother today and borrowed the USB cable for his Storm, no results with that (so I can rule out my cable being defective). Something I should of mentioned earlier is that I also have XP on my Mac via Bootcamp. My Storm does not show up through "My Computer," however the Desktop manager is recognizing it just fine.

So... I don't really know what's going on here.
    Would anyone recommend me downgrading my OS and then updating it again? I received this phone brand-new about two weeks ago pre-updated with 4.7.0.148.
    07-18-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD