I recently switched over to Mac( dont ask why) and i was wondering if it is possible to use my Storm as a mobile modem. I was reading about how to do it with Windows, but was wondering if anyone knew about Mac settings. Also, are the speeds pretty fast when using it as a modem?
    Thanks
    03-03-09 12:52 PM
    i know it is possible if you have tethering on your plan. i would head over to the mac section they know alot better than i do i too use a macbook.
    03-03-09 12:54 PM
    Search for "tether mac" on here and you'll find lots of threads on how to do it, both with USB (at least with 10.5) and with Bluetooth.
    03-03-09 12:58 PM
    i know it is possible if you have tethering on your plan. i would head over to the mac section they know alot better than i do i too use a macbook.
    Oh so Tether is like a plan from my service provider? I only just heard of the term about 10 minutes ago. Is there any way around it so that you dont have to buy an extra plan? As of now, i have unlimited data,,, if that helps out at all..
    03-03-09 01:01 PM
    Oh so Tether is like a plan from my service provider? I only just heard of the term about 10 minutes ago. Is there any way around it so that you dont have to buy an extra plan? As of now, i have unlimited data,,, if that helps out at all..
    Yes, assuming you have Verizon, it's $15 extra per month for the tethering option when you have the unlimited data plan . When you tether your BB you use a different network than the standard Internet access your handheld uses, and that's what the extra service allows.

There is an application misnamed "TetherBerry" in the apps forum that is in beta that allows connection sharing on the handheld internet data plan, but it's for windows only, and is of questionable terms of service compliance (and you will fall into the 5GB per month transfer limit). I personally don't really like the idea of a bunch of people eating up bandwidth on the handheld data plan instead of ponying up $15 to use the proper network, but I digress.
    03-03-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD