Currently using SplashID v5.0, but now that I have a working DMFM, I want to ditch windoze altogether. Problem is, it appears the SplashID mac desktop only syncs through wifi, which is problematic with a tour.

So I'm looking for a workaround, or better yet, a mac-friendly, sync-able password/personal data manager. I've used SplashID for years. Once you get it dialed in, it's a good app. But I'm tired of the quirks, corrupted data, and increasingly lame support every time I change bb's.
    10-20-09 01:55 PM
    I swear by ewallet.
    I have been using it for years. Unfortunately it is pc only for the desktop component.

Pocket PC, iPhone, Smartphone and Palm Software
    10-20-09 02:04 PM
    Yeah, i hear good things about it too.

I think I may be stuck with having to keep windows on the vmware fusion side of my mac if I want a sync-able p/w manager desktop.

Thanks, though!
    10-20-09 02:18 PM
    I use 1Password...but there is not yet a version for BB. There is an iPod touch/ iPhone app so I use those for the rest. 1Password is excellent BTW.
    10-20-09 05:14 PM
    I use 1Password...but there is not yet a version for BB. There is an iPod touch/ iPhone app so I use those for the rest. 1Password is excellent BTW.
    Not heard of that one. I've i/p Touch too, as my "play" device, so I'll check it out.
    10-20-09 05:58 PM
    10-20-09 06:29 PM
    I just installed DataVault, and I'm very impressed. It imported my SplashID backup file with no problem, and sync'd without requiring dumb workarounds. I was a devoted SplashID user with my Palm Treo, but unfortunately, they've never gotten their BlackBerry game right.
    Last edited by bobmarks; 05-18-10 at 02:23 PM.
    05-18-10 12:34 PM
    If I hadn't bought ewallet, I would endorse DataVault.
    I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

I just don't like SplashID.
    05-18-10 12:40 PM
    I just installed DataVault, and I'm very impressed. It imported my SplashID backup file with no problem, and sync'd without requiring dumb workarounds. I was a devoted SplashID user with my Palm Treo, but unfortunately, they've never gotten their BlackBerry game right.
    And how are you syncing between Mac desktop and your BB?
    07-17-10 10:29 PM
    And how are you syncing between Mac desktop and your BB?
    I use DM on the PC, but I imagine the Mac version is similar. Still working perfectly with DataVault.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 08:13 AM
    I use DM on the PC, but I imagine the Mac version is similar. Still working perfectly with DataVault.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nope. Doesn't work on the Mac.
    07-18-10 08:35 AM
    Nope. Doesn't work on the Mac.
    Hi,

The latest version of DataVault for BlackBerry (v4.6.1) and DataVault for Mac (v4.3.3) provide the ability to sync by email.

Please see our support page for user guides, trouble shooting FAQs and download links for the latest versions. If you have any problems, please send me a pm or email.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo
    08-10-10 09:56 AM
    Hi,

The latest version of DataVault for BlackBerry (v4.6.1) and DataVault for Mac (v4.3.3) provide the ability to sync by email.

Please see our support page for user guides, trouble shooting FAQs and download links for the latest versions. If you have any problems, please send me a pm or email.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo
    Too bad DataVault is buggy and changes the phone's fonts at every reset. Not good.
    08-10-10 10:45 AM
    Too bad DataVault is buggy and changes the phone's fonts at every reset. Not good.
    Can you post screen shots of this? I have never seen this happen. DV has consistently been my must have program for 5 years. The integration and security is top knotch and the new wireless synch is great.
    08-13-10 09:31 AM
    Can you post screen shots of this? I have never seen this happen. DV has consistently been my must have program for 5 years. The integration and security is top knotch and the new wireless synch is great.
    Screenshot of what? Post #13 detailed the bug.
    08-13-10 09:37 AM
    We are working with kobayashi to resolve the fonts/reset issue which is occurring on an 8830 running BBOS v4.5. We are unable to reproduce the issue on a Storm 2 running BBOS v5.0.0.320. If you are having a similar problem, please send me a pm.

FYI, to set the font used in DataVault, click on the BlackBerry Menu key and select Options > Font. If you select "Default", DataVault will use the global font selected BlackBerry Options > Screen/Keyboard.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo
    08-13-10 11:13 AM
    We are working with kobayashi to resolve the fonts/reset issue which is occurring on an 8830 running BBOS v4.5. We are unable to reproduce the issue on a Storm 2 running BBOS v5.0.0.320. If you are having a similar problem, please send me a pm.

FYI, to set the font used in DataVault, click on the BlackBerry Menu key and select Options > Font. If you select "Default", DataVault will use the global font selected BlackBerry Options > Screen/Keyboard.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo
    True. Everyone at Ascendo has been friendly, helpful and quick with the emails. I just got a Bold yesterday and told them that I will keep my 8830 and try to help them fix the bug that seems to be present on pre-4.7 OS devices.
    08-13-10 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD