I'm not sure if this is off-topic, but I found a way to speed up your Safari on your mac.

I was having page loads that took forever. I did a little research and found this tip:

1. Quit Safari.
    2. Open Terminal (Applications/Utilities/...).
    3. Type: defaults write com.apple.Safari WebKitInitialTimedLayoutDelay 0.2
    4. Restart Safari.

You'll notice that pages will open faster. Safari is set up to delay so that images can pre-load. Apparently it's a little overcautious and this function cuts that default delay down a bit.

You can also try entering someone else's DNS (google it).
    05-05-08 02:54 PM
    I've tried using Safari but I just can't stick with it. I'm an Opera man myself.
    05-05-08 04:54 PM
    It really is a preference thing. I have tried all the other browsers on mac, but I am just use to Safari. I install these other browsers and I can never remember to use them.
    05-05-08 05:05 PM
    WOW!!! i opened terminal and i typed it in and restarted safari...and though "hmm seems the same" Then i navigated a few websites...ITS LIGHTNING FAST!!

TY very much for the tip!!
    05-05-08 06:47 PM
    Makes for two, actually I can't stand Safari and believe me I've tried... I've been a longtime FireFox user but have recently taken a liking to Flock.
    I've tried using Safari but I just can't stick with it. I'm an Opera man myself.
    05-13-08 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD