EDIT

This thread is useless as i found the solution.
    Last edited by drumzalicious; 10-15-09 at 12:57 AM.
    10-12-09 10:03 PM
    there is supposed to be a mac dm comming out soon that can do it it may already be out
    10-14-09 09:37 AM
    Hmmm, I may have bricked my BB as I write this.

I'm updating the OS via the mac DM and for the last 5 or so minutes, the DM says that the device is restarting while the BB's screen shows a spinning clock.
    10-14-09 02:41 PM
    Hmmm, I may have bricked my BB as I write this.

I'm updating the OS via the mac DM and for the last 5 or so minutes, the DM says that the device is restarting while the BB's screen shows a spinning clock.
    I'll be danged, the update worked using the mac DM.

The only issue I've noticed so far is the time zone was set wrong.
    10-14-09 02:56 PM
    I bricked my tour twice trying to upgrade to 5.0 using parallels, which I suggest not trying. Anyways I plugged in my bricked tour (507 and 200 errors) to my Mac and it recognized it after sometime and I was then prompted to reload the stock OS. After this I was able to restore to my most recent backup file and only needed to reload my third party apps.
    10-14-09 09:28 PM
    I bricked my tour twice trying to upgrade to 5.0 using parallels, which I suggest not trying. Anyways I plugged in my bricked tour (507 and 200 errors) to my Mac and it recognized it after sometime and I was then prompted to reload the stock OS. After this I was able to restore to my most recent backup file and only needed to reload my third party apps.
    That's good to know...
    10-14-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD