i just got a mac and i have no clue how to backup stuff! i used to use desktop manager, which was super easy. i downloaded pocketmac, but i'm not trying to 'sync' stuff or push everything from my mac-->bb.

my main questions are how to:

1) copy pictures from my bb to my mac
    2) save a backup copy of my bb to my mac (like i used to be able to do on desktop manager)
    3) install a backed up copy of my bb (a .ipd file from desktop manager) to my bb from my mac. i don't know how i could use pmac to do this, since it doesnt seem to have a place to move individual files. plus, i'm assuming this would be a more involved process, since it'd be reinstalling the whole bb?

i have bluetooth setup and i can send files to my bb from my mac, but i'm not sure how to pull stuff from bb instead of pushing.

thanks in advance
    10-25-08 10:49 PM
    You can't use bluetooth to sync to the Mac. You can try downloading Pocket Mac (free) from the Rim Backberry site but I didn't have any luck with that. I paid the $40 for Missing Sync. Then you'll be able to sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 07:52 AM
    Make sure you have the latest version of pocketmack.

1) copy pictures from my bb to my mac
    With the latest version of PM you can sync copy photos to and from you BB along with add songs from iTunes. I use this a lot and it works very well.
    2) save a backup copy of my bb to my mac (like i used to be able to do on desktop manager)
    I when you connect to your Mac your bb should go into mass storage. You will see a copy on you desktop. If you open it and copy all the info onto ur desktop that may help for the backup. There PM does not have a backup like DM.

I'm not sure about your third question. As for the bluetooth goes its the same process. Just find the file you want hit the menu key and send using bluetooh.

Hope I helped a little. I use pocketmac too and I didn't want to pay for missingsync. You should look into the MissingSync to see if that would work better for you.

Best of luck.
    11-02-08 09:25 AM
    My mac syncs fine with iCal, Address book.

To put my pics and videos and ringtones, songs on my BB, i just enable mass storage on my memory card, and drag them to the correct folders. This is nice because i can make folders as well.
    11-02-08 09:49 AM
    My mac syncs fine with iCal, Address book.

To put my pics and videos and ringtones, songs on my BB, i just enable mass storage on my memory card, and drag them to the correct folders. This is nice because i can make folders as well.
    I don't have any problems with pocketmac either. iCal and address book syncs with ease and I like how the updated PM adds iTunes music to the bb.
    11-02-08 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD