I wanted to share a solution for some of you who experienced what I endured with Missing Sync. I was blaming MS for not transferring my iCal dates over properly to the Storm. DEspite MS saying that the sync went thru fine, no calendar dates showed up in my Storm. In fact, the calendar was entirely blank on the BB.

After a week of frustration and getting ready to ask for a refund from MS, ditch the Storm for an iPhone, and call it a day, a nice lady on VZW transferred me to RIM.

The RIM gods are wonderful, if you can channel them... haha. They told me to go to my service books and delete all of the CICAL files, especially the pesky Facebook CICAL file - which apparently is a very annoying file to the calendar function.

Now everything works well. MS Syncing and the dates are showing up in Storm calendar.

I hope this information will help prevent others from experiencing what I have...

BBMom
    05-07-09 07:10 PM
    I wanted to share a solution for some of you who experienced what I endured with Missing Sync. I was blaming MS for not transferring my iCal dates over properly to the Storm. DEspite MS saying that the sync went thru fine, no calendar dates showed up in my Storm. In fact, the calendar was entirely blank on the BB.

After a week of frustration and getting ready to ask for a refund from MS, ditch the Storm for an iPhone, and call it a day, a nice lady on VZW transferred me to RIM.

The RIM gods are wonderful, if you can channel them... haha. They told me to go to my service books and delete all of the CICAL files, especially the pesky Facebook CICAL file - which apparently is a very annoying file to the calendar function.

Now everything works well. MS Syncing and the dates are showing up in Storm calendar.

I hope this information will help prevent others from experiencing what I have...

BBMom

Thank you so much. MS had stopped working for me all together and after deleting the service books and redownloading the device software (again!) it works. Thank you. Thank you!
    05-07-09 08:52 PM

BBMom
    Service books deletions are not permanent. They are pushed thru to your phone often by the carrier. Just a heads up that you may have to perform this "fix" each time you sync.

Also, the good folks at RIM should be ashamed of themselves. You d/won't hear of any windows users needing to delete service books of any kind to get a proper sync!
    05-07-09 08:55 PM
    you are awesome!!! This totally worked for me first try. You saved me hours of frustration and disappointment as syncing with my iCal was a MAJOR purpose of getting a Blackberry. This also works if you use Pocketmac to sync as I don't have Missing sync yet. Running MacBook Pro 10.5.6. Thanks for you efforts :-)
    05-09-09 08:32 AM
    Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!
    It took me a while (5 minutes) to figure out that (on my Storm) I could find the 'service books' at OPTIONS --> ADVANCED OPTIONS --> SERVICE BOOKS

It worked... kind of.

At least the calendars on my Storm are all updated. But now everything that was in various "calendars" on my Mac are also in the "home" calendar as well. Talk about double entries!

But I work that out.

THANKS!!!

I may actually purchase Missing Sync now!
    06-17-09 07:48 AM
    I looked in service books and only found a single CICAL file associated with an email account. Are there other CICAL files that I nned to delete?

Thanks for the help!
    07-07-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD