...and they sound terrible. The sound is very fuzzy, like it was being played on a calculator speaker. I tried every format available in iTunes and they all sounded the same. I know it cannot be the speaker on my Curve, it plays the pre loaded John Mayer video and YouTube vids with clarity, even at full blast.

So, are there better programs to create clean sounding ringtones/shortened mp3 tracks for Blackberrys? iTunes gets a big thumbs down from me. Oh well, I guess free was too good to be true.
    01-04-09 12:14 PM
    on a mac you can use garageband i dont know how but do a google search and you will find out.

i suggest using Audiko its so easy
    01-04-09 12:24 PM
    Any mac program that can edit an MP3 file will work - I'm partial to Audacity, since I used the Windows version of it prior to crossing over to the dark side and getting my MacBook Pro.
    01-04-09 01:44 PM
    Thanks for Audiko.

So, um, I thought to listen to the mp3 rigntones I made thru the suppled earphones. They sounded fine, which lead to to re assess my former supposition that the speakerphone was to blame. Now, the mp3 ringtones I created are playing clear thru the speakerphone. Needless to say, I was puzzled at this mysterious coincidence. Post using the earbuds the speakerphone/mp3 playback fuzziness has disappeared. Weird and, um , WTF? Oh well, back to making ringtones.
    01-04-09 02:01 PM
    Audacity is awesome for making ringtones.. .
    01-04-09 03:55 PM
    I use MP3 trimmer ........... HIGHLY recommended :-)

MP3 Trimmer - edit your MP3s fast and easy
    01-04-09 04:07 PM
    Will try trimmer.. thanks for the link...
    Hard to beat Audacity...
    01-04-09 05:08 PM
    I use MP3 trimmer ........... HIGHLY recommended :-)

MP3 Trimmer - edit your MP3s fast and easy
    Tried it...
    Deleted it..
    Audacity blows it outta the water with accuracy in cutting...
    Thanks for the link...
    Some may like it...
    01-04-09 06:25 PM
    ...and they sound terrible. The sound is very fuzzy, like it was being played on a calculator speaker. I tried every format available in iTunes and they all sounded the same. I know it cannot be the speaker on my Curve, it plays the pre loaded John Mayer video and YouTube vids with clarity, even at full blast.

So, are there better programs to create clean sounding ringtones/shortened mp3 tracks for Blackberrys? iTunes gets a big thumbs down from me. Oh well, I guess free was too good to be true.
    Garageband or Audacity are two good programs.
    01-05-09 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD