I first get Mac DM to load up today on my new (because the old one broke) storm, amd had all my phone numbers on there. Then I tried syncing it to my new Mac (resinstalled leopard because it was going slow)

I was stupid enough to forget it deleted my contacts when I synced it to read off an empty contact list.

SINCE i did NOT back up the first time (ugh) is there anything else I can do? I have so many numbers I need to get in touch with today to get things to work...

Thanks guys
    10-29-09 09:41 AM
    No back up done first?
    10-29-09 04:54 PM
    nope... unfortunately i thought i was still running my old mac, but I forgot reinstalling the SW on the OS meant my contacts would get deleted.

I was also hoping maybe when i connected the phone, it made a hidden backup, almost like an autosave, somewhere on my mac.

and is there a way to just sync contacts from my device to my mac? if I merge, it makes duplicates, and if i do the other option, it does this (because my mac doesnt have contacts saved)
    10-29-09 09:26 PM
    You might be able to send them over bluetooth but that would be one at a time I think.
    10-29-09 10:00 PM
    I saw you have Verizon, T-Mobile has free automatic online backup.. not sure if Verizon has something similar? That or I suppose you weren't using Google Sync either? That's the only 2 things I can think of getting them back..

Also... Do a search on your MAC for .ipd files.. I don't have a MAC so I can't say for sure, but when you upgrade the software on a PC usually a backup is made so it can restore once the upgrade is complete.. I'm not sure where it would've saved it... if if did.
    10-29-09 10:32 PM
    nothing that saved the contacts... oh well!

I did just discover google sync though, and I LOVE it, im just trying to see if theres a way to save the contact formatting to my mac itself as well, but at least the numbers are online incase i ever need a number and my phones dead! (to call from a payphone, or whatever that thing is called :-P)
    10-29-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD