Just noticed after applying the Mac OS 10.6.3 update that Calendar syncing no longer works. It just says Sync error, please try again. The release notes for the 10.6.3 update state that there were some changes to syncing so I think the update broke BBM syncing. Anyone else?
    04-05-10 10:17 PM
    I'm having the same problem.
    04-06-10 04:48 PM
    I am too, its like my wife and my girlfriend with my mac and berry... they just dont get along.
    04-06-10 04:52 PM
    wow that sucks. i haven't tried to sync since my update but i wouldn't have updated if i knew it killed iCal sync. Google sync here i come.
    04-06-10 07:56 PM
    Same problem. I was on with BB support for three hours and I still can't sync any calendar data. I use the calendar to hold a lot of information.
    Anybody know what the status of the eventual fix is?
    04-16-10 05:26 PM
    I think that for now the only solution is to revert back to an earlier version of Snow Leopard. That means re-installing the OS from the original disk, then upgrading to 10.6.2. It would be nice how long it's going to take before BB can fix the problem.
    04-16-10 06:00 PM
    Problem here too
    04-16-10 10:30 PM
    After reading the original post, I wasn't game to sync my phone. After backing up to a pc for 'just in case', I eventually synced and all's well. I'm using an 8310 running OS 4.5.
    04-18-10 06:59 PM
    FYI: Today's release of Desktop Manager 1.0.3 does not fix the problem.
    04-19-10 08:52 PM
    The problem is on the user's end. Never had a problem syncing with 10.6.3
    04-20-10 11:57 AM
    I just updated DM to 1.3 and it still synced with my phone, but it also completely cleared out my icalendar. WTF do i do to get it all back. All of my apptments are on my phone still
    04-20-10 01:09 PM
    The problem is on the user's end. Never had a problem syncing with 10.6.3
    Yes, that must be the problem. Thanks, that solved it!
    04-20-10 04:54 PM
    Again, user-error. "BBM syncing"? LOL
    04-21-10 08:05 PM
    since new version of snow leopard mine has worked fine. till today! I downloaded the new version of desktop manager and since I also get the sync error! Plus it did the same to me and wiped my ical! I also use my calender for my work schedule and other appointments. It did keep the calender on my phone like u guys. thank god! dammit blackberry! u go and update something that already works and now it's all screwed up!
    04-22-10 12:46 AM
    I don't know if it Snow Leopard or DM for Mac that is having problems syncing iCal but if you go to the BB forum and look at the DM for Windows, they started having Outlook calendar syncing problems at around the same time.

If both DM for Mac and Windows starting having problems at the same time, I would have to guess that it is BB.

Any thoughts?
    04-22-10 07:36 PM
    Edit: I also should have said that I'm still running BB dtm version 1.0.1. My 2.53 ghz intel mini has snow leopard on it.
    After getting it to run successfully on 1.0.1, I haven't read anything that makes me want to upgrade to later versions of BB dtm
    04-24-10 02:58 AM
    I'm having the same problem.
    Me too. The old BB desktop manager worked just fine. What did RIM do?
    04-25-10 05:31 AM
    I think that for now the only solution is to revert back to an earlier version of Snow Leopard. That means re-installing the OS from the original disk, then upgrading to 10.6.2. It would be nice how long it's going to take before BB can fix the problem.
    Dream on man. The solution is to revert back to the older BB DM. No way I am downgrading SL for a company like RIM that knows jack squad about Macs.
    04-25-10 05:33 AM
    I don't know if it Snow Leopard or DM for Mac that is having problems syncing iCal but if you go to the BB forum and look at the DM for Windows, they started having Outlook calendar syncing problems at around the same time.

If both DM for Mac and Windows starting having problems at the same time, I would have to guess that it is BB.

Any thoughts?
    Obviously the issue is RIM. Apple knows how to design software RIM knows jack squad about the Mac and they have issues designing software as well.

I am ticked. All my notes and tasks got wiped in Entourage. Thank you RIM! I am gonna email RIM and they gave me that attitude like I am the problem, I am gonna upgrade back to the old version.
    04-25-10 05:37 AM
    So is the solution still to revert back to a previous version of DM M? Or was there a fix in the mean time? I can't sync calendar or address book at all.
    06-12-10 01:35 PM
    Revert back.
    06-12-10 06:54 PM
    Ok so I've been having troubles syncing my Calendar as well with iCal. I am running OS X 10.6.4 and have Blackberry Desktop Manager 1.0.3. Initially when I synced for some reason only my birthdays from facebook would show up. I have done some research. On you blackberry go to options>advanced options>default services. I made sure my Calendar (CICAL) was defaulted as my email address. Now when I sync my blackberry with iCal everything copies over. Hope this helps other people.
    06-16-10 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD