I'm trying to transfer a 200mb file from my mac to my 8320 and it's taking about 6 minutes. I'm doing it the standard way of dragging and dropping onto the drive. The strange thing is, when I use boot camp and boot into XP, I get the normal USB 2.0 transfer speed using the same port! In Windows, i'm using explorer to drag and drop onto the drive.

I have desktop manager installed on Windows, but I don't have any BlackBerry software installed on the Mac. Could this make a difference? I know the Mac can't charge the battery because the driver isn't installed, will it also scale back the transfer rate? Can this be fixed by installing the BlackBerry software for Macs? Any ideas?

12-18-07 11:39 PM
    Actually, I just tried copying from both mac and windows and it was the same slow speed. When I copy the same file to a flash drive, it takes a few seconds as opposed to 6 minutes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    12-19-07 12:51 AM
    even with USB 2.0 using the USB cable to transfer files to your microSD card will be slow (for reasons unknown to me). I've tried other methods, the fastest ive found is by using a Sandisk Micromate USB adapter coupled with a micro sd to SD adapter. Transferring 2GB of files to my BB took about 16 minutes using the USB cable, while using the Sandisk Micromate, is took me a little over 2 minutes.
    12-19-07 01:42 AM
    Thanks for the input. You're probably right. What troubles me, though, is that I used to have a Pearl, and I don't remember it being this slow at all. It could be that I wasn't transferring videos and music to it like I am now.

Can anyone else vouch for this experience?

Thanks again!
    12-19-07 01:54 AM