I would like to transfer a couple of video clips in .m4v format to my BB Pearl.
    The transfer takes place but can't view it on the BB. You can hear the sound.
    07-14-07 10:58 AM
    Are you using the Media Manager to transfer the files? Also, try another format...
    07-14-07 01:57 PM
    Not using the media manager. How do you use it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-07 03:33 PM
    Install Desktop Manager (DM), connect your BlackBerry, enable 'mass storage mode' from your device (you'll be prompted), and then open Media Manager, from within DM...

Then it's just copy and paste...
    07-14-07 07:19 PM
    Thanks, I have tried such. Desktop Manager is not mac friendly. Application dowloads but won't install.
    07-15-07 08:37 AM
    have you been using the PocketMac program?..honestly i'm not sure if that can transfer media files, but another option depending on your puter, u may be able to use bluetooth I know thats kinda standard on most macs....also should'nt your mac find the media card when Mass storage is enabled (assuming your using a media card)
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 07-15-07 at 03:15 PM.
    07-15-07 02:49 PM
    yeah, i have the same issue. i use pocketmac but theres no way to move media. i mount the sdhc mini card and move the .mov but i only hear it and cant see it. what mac programs are out there that can covert a dvd to a file small enough and inthe right format for the bb 8300?
    08-05-07 12:51 AM
    First off - If your media is not in the proper format, it wont play, which is what sounds like your major issue. Desktop Manager/Roxio Media Manager are not Mac OS X compatible, so unless you have a PC available, you can count that option out.

For the Mac however, I've had some luck (not 100%) with iSquint. I've used this software to convert videos for my iPod, and on occassion (twice out of four attempts) has converted a video properly to display on the BB. Software is free and you can find it here.

As for a DVD, you'll need Handbrake, which is also free. You'll have to find that one on your own, I've lost track of that, plus it may not be too "kosher" to post the link on here, due to fuzzy legalities and whatnot, but that's what you'll need.
    08-06-07 01:51 PM
    awesome, thanks. last query: what format will work on my curve, and how do i get isquint or handbrake to convert my dvd's or files (mp4, mov, avi) into that format?
    08-08-07 12:10 AM
    The answer to that -- use the software
    08-08-07 10:50 AM
    did. done. works. thanks.
    08-09-07 12:54 AM
    Reviving an old thread here, I guess... I just use Quicktime to make movies that are playable on the 8830. (You probably need the Pro version to do this for which you have to pay $$ to Apple.) Anyway, I've been able to take several movies that play in Quicktime and export them as MPEG4 movies, changing the display size to match the device and a few other settings to reduce memory usage. Then I copy the .mp4 file to the video folder on the SD card and play away on the 8830...

Is this technique fairly well-known? I just kind of tried it and it worked. Guess it should also work on Quicktime on Windoze boxes, but I haven't tried it.
    09-28-07 04:30 PM
    Flippin' great download. Thanks!
    11-14-07 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD