I get this error every time I sync my Storm with Desktop manager for Mac:

The service for your device's calendar has changed.

It gives me the options to Cancel sync, merge data, or replace device data. If I choose merge, I get lots of duplicates. I haven't changed any settings. Is there any fix for this?
    11-15-09 06:36 PM
    How many calendars do toy have on the device? Delete all but the default CICAL.
    11-16-09 10:01 AM
    How many calendars do toy have on the device? Delete all but the default CICAL.
    Using the Storm with .328 & Mac with SL. On my device under calendar > options I have the choice to display other calendars or not. But how do you delete all but the default CICAL? TIA.
    11-17-09 10:03 AM
    Using the Storm with .328 & Mac with SL. On my device under calendar > options I have the choice to display other calendars or not. But how do you delete all but the default CICAL? TIA.
    Options>Advanced Options>Service Book...then scroll to the unwanted file and use options button and select delete. If oyu delete the wrong one just resend the service books.
    11-17-09 10:42 AM
    Options>Advanced Options>Service Book...then scroll to the unwanted file and use options button and select delete. If oyu delete the wrong one just resend the service books.
    Thanks! U da Man. The Statman!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist).
    11-17-09 11:40 AM
    That did it. Thank you!
    11-19-09 04:26 AM
    Okay, that is very good information. I could use some clarity though- after going to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book I saw lots of things I didn't understand, including the following:
    -Three [CICAL]s, one for each of my email addresses.
    -Three [CMIME]s, for the same three email addresses.
    -Facebook [CICAL]

And TONS of other stuff. So, what exactly do I erase?
    12-06-09 05:50 PM
    Back-up your back-up, and make another back-up somewhere else for safe keeping, and a fourth back-up for good luck -- I even back up with the Mac Desktop Manager and also the PC Desktop Manager. For those Googlers out there with fear of choosing option A, B, or door letter C, my choice ended up being "replace" and there appears to be no further issues. However, I use the BlackBerry as the master database to avoid duplicate entries because the Desktop Manager for Mac presently only gives the option of a two-way sinc (rather than one-way only in either direction). Therefore, every time I sync with my Mac, I completely delete ALL of the entries in iCal and the Address Book of the Mac -- that way, new databases on the Mac are created that are an exact copy of the BlackBerry without duplicate entries.

1. Macintosh Address Book -- Go into and highlight all cards and delete them.

2. Macintosh -- Navigate to the folder ~Users/Library/Calendars
    Delete the contents

3. Macintosh -- Navigate to ~Users/Library/Application Support/SyncServices
    Delete the contents

P.S.: Back-up your back-up, and make another back-up somewhere else for safe keeping, and a fourth back-up for good luck -- I even back up with the Mac Desktop Manager and also the PC Desktop Manager.
    12-30-09 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD