I just bought the flip mino hd and found out that if i want to download the videos to my touch i need to buy quicktime pro to change the format. Does anyone know if i can someone download the vidieos to my bold on the mac? Or, if not on the mac, on my pc? quicktime pro upgrade is only $30 but it is annoying that i have to pay to do this. Thanks.
    06-09-09 10:14 AM
    First off, you would need virtual software since RIM doesn't like Macs. Second, download and use Handbrake. You can get it HERE along with the optimal Bold settings HERE. It's a great little video converter that I use all the time.

06-09-09 11:30 AM
    Thanks! I will try it when I get home tonite!
    06-09-09 12:34 PM
    Thanks! I will try it when I get home tonite!
    Not a problem. Always glad to help.

06-09-09 01:02 PM
    This does not appear to be as easy as it sounds
    I downloaded handbrake but was not able to download dvd43. I tried the conversion anyway but the video portion did not come through - i suppose this is because I could not download dvd43. I also do not have all the options available for the settings. I was able to download both programs to my pc at work and the setting options were visible, but for some reason, my pc was not recognizing the flip....I wonder if I go ahead and buy quicktime pro if I will be able to convert.
    06-11-09 09:57 PM
    Um... am I the only one wondering why this topic is in the Bold 9000 forums? I see that warriorwoman OWNS a Bold, but this topic needs to be moved to general discussion or something. I don't think users should be taking advantage of the Blackberry community to get their personal non-Blackberry related tech issues resolved here. Especially not in a specific section such as the Bold 9000's.

I think an admin needs to move this topic so as to not add any confusion.
    08-11-09 08:34 AM
    If people have the need, we should try our best to help them, isn't it?
    Yes but in the right place... not just in any random, un-related place. Like I said, her question isn't even about a Blackberry product - it's about video converting software. It doesn't belong in a Blackberry Bold specific forum.

Why am I even replying/arguing... all this is doing is wasting my time and bumping the topic
    08-11-09 11:28 PM