How can RIM still be this bad with MAC's. The new Desktop manager for the Torch and 6.0 is total garbage. Every time I sync I'm back to the old error message: "The Address Book database cannot be accessed for synchronization. For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base"

What a bunch of freaking idiots. They deserve to be falling behind. I'm so mad right now I lost all my contacts and don't know how I'm gonna get them back. Screw you RIM and your as usual HORRIBLE SOFTWARE!!!!
    Last edited by donnation; 08-19-10 at 11:37 PM.
    08-19-10 09:28 PM
    RIM still sucks when working with MAC's

Truer words have not been written.....
    08-19-10 09:45 PM
    And this is RIM's response on their website:

Are you freaking kidding me?? Its 2010, MAC users are everywhere and these dumbasses can't even figure out a simple contact sync?? Did they test their software on a MAC and a torch before they released the software and the phone????

They are a joke and don't deserve to be at the top any more.
    08-19-10 09:51 PM
    Now, unless you've already figured this out, the temporary workaround to at least transfer your contacts is to do a backup of your old phone's address book, then restore to the Torch.
    08-20-10 11:54 AM
    There was a time when workarounds were satisfying to create/stumble across/share, have come from Treos & mac, and the last few years, BB's and mac. Now it's just tiresome. As donnation pointed out, it's 2010, for crissakes!

I just don't have the time or the inclination anymore to make my bb and mac play together nicely, whether it's with DM for mac, PC DM through Fusion/Bootcamp, or Missing Sync. Tired of crossing my fingers during each sync; tired of random double calendar and/or address entries or deletions and troublesome syncing of notes and to do lists.

Life's too short to struggle with a device that's suppose to make you more productive. Too short to be hoping against hope RIM will someday (ever?) produce a DM fully compatible with mac.

The petty side of me can't resist taking a little pleasure in seeing some issues popping up for DM6 users...
    08-25-10 06:34 PM
    i have this problem as well..
    the work around that i did.. same with the other is to restore from my Bold 9000
    and pray for the fix
    08-26-10 10:03 AM
    Mac DM = POS
    Leaving RIM for that and other reasons.
    08-26-10 02:57 PM
    KB23925-Unable to synchronize the Apple Address Book from the Mac computer to the BlackBerry Torch smartphone

Update BBM as shown on this page. The sync between the Mac and teh Torch works perfectly after the update.
    08-27-10 10:58 AM
    I just came back to the BB from 3 years with an iphone. I see no problem at all, installed DM 1.4, had to upgrade the messenger but the sync is perfect, fast an seamless. I do not see the issue.
    08-29-10 05:33 PM
    I just came back to the BB from 3 years with an iphone. I see no problem at all, installed DM 1.4, had to upgrade the messenger but the sync is perfect, fast an seamless. I do not see the issue.
    The Mac version of DM is behind the windows version, as are many programs for the Mac. It does work and sync well though. All worked for me after the BBM upgrade. Some people would rather cry and moan rather than apply the fix that is offered.
    08-29-10 06:16 PM
    Lucky for you. For the rest of us crying and moaning in this thread and forum, not so much.
    08-30-10 07:21 PM
    The Mac version of DM is behind the windows version, as are many programs for the Mac. It does work and sync well though. All worked for me after the BBM upgrade. Some people would rather cry and moan rather than apply the fix that is offered.
    yeah exactly. you think mac users would be use to this by now. its 2010 already

I've used macinstosh's through out my life and I've had to workaround problems with 'fixes'.
    08-30-10 07:26 PM
    I'm new here. Where is DM1.4? I'm having trouble with my BB Bold 9000. Has never synced on my Macbook Pro. Don't know where to start...help me please? I'm really missing my iphone at this point, but I want to love my blackberry...thank you!
    09-09-10 07:20 PM
    I'm new here. Where is DM1.4? I'm having trouble with my BB Bold 9000. Has never synced on my Macbook Pro. Don't know where to start...help me please? I'm really missing my iphone at this point, but I want to love my blackberry...thank you!
    Go to the Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com and then support and download it from there.
    it's free.
    09-09-10 07:32 PM
    I've had zero problems (outside of tethering but that could be carrier related) with my mac and my blackberry. My former rubbish andriod based phone was a lot more troublesome to snyc or work with my laptop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 08:01 PM
    The only issues I run into are the duplicating iCal issues, and that hasn't happened for a while.
    Now, if only it was possible to do OTA syncing (wifi or cell) without using a third party server (BES, google, etc).
    That would be amazing.
    09-14-10 10:07 PM
    The only issues I run into are the duplicating iCal issues, and that hasn't happened for a while.
    Now, if only it was possible to do OTA syncing (wifi or cell) without using a third party server (BES, google, etc).
    That would be amazing.
    If you have duplicating iCal problems, you need to delete all the CICAL references on your phone except the one you use for your calendar. This info is from Missing Sync but it works with the DM sync as well.

https://support.markspace.com/index....barticleid=386
    09-15-10 02:10 PM
    If you are getting duplicate calendar entries, you need to delete all the CICAL instances except the one you use for your calendar from your service book listing.

This is from Missing sync but it applies to syncing with DM as well.
    https://support.markspace.com/index....barticleid=386
    09-15-10 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD