The first time i tried it i turned off mass storage and it didnt work.

Make sure you turn on Mass Storage

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

Have Fun!
    11-26-08 12:41 AM
    This would have been nice before I rolled out $40 on Missing Sync...which works very well.

drumzalicious - how do the new drivers work? I had problems syncing all my contacts and pocket mac eventually made a mess of the whole thing to the point that I had to wipe my BB and start from scratch.

Just curious. Thanks for the link.

Cheers!!
    11-26-08 02:28 AM
    Worked perfectly. There was no issues with groups or anything like that. all my calender appointments are in the correct dates and such.
    11-26-08 05:09 AM
    Yah thanks for the headsup.. it works great now

i can easily sync my bold with ical and address book
    11-26-08 07:44 PM
    It doesn't work for my Aluminium MacBook.
    So, install pocketmac 4.1.125, restart, install updated driver, restart.
    Plug-in the BB in mass storage mode, click in pocketmanager and nothing happens.
    Whay I'm doing wrong?

BB OS 4.5
    Mac OS 10.5.5

Thanks.
    11-27-08 11:46 AM
    Works perfectly on my Storm!
    11-27-08 03:56 PM
    It doesn't work for my Aluminium MacBook.
    So, install pocketmac 4.1.125, restart, install updated driver, restart.
    Plug-in the BB in mass storage mode, click in pocketmanager and nothing happens.
    Whay I'm doing wrong?

BB OS 4.5
    Mac OS 10.5.5

Thanks.
    This is what i was told when i had this problem a while ago with syncing the Curve.
    =============
    Basically what you have to do is follow these steps:
    Go To:
    >Macintosh HD
    >System
    >Library
    >Extensions
    >Delete the files called "BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext"
    >Empty the Trash
    >Re-Install the driver updates from the Blackberry Website
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Go to the PocketSync APP
    >Click on the BB icon.

after that you should see it say Blackberry and list the devices pin

Apparently what the flaw is, is that the program doesnt actually update the drivers for some reason so you have to go into the folders and delete the old ones before installing the new ones.

==============

Try that and see if it works. Other than that you may have to go to RIM directly because i know somewhere some people were having trouble with the new Mac Book Pros
    11-28-08 01:59 AM
    drumzalicious,

Thanks but my problem begins before because when I start the pocketmac app nothing happens and after few seconds the aplication does not respond.
    I mean, pocketmac does not start.

Any idea?

Also, if I plugin the BB and select the storage mode, the BB is mounted as BLACKBERRY.
    Last edited by carblanco; 11-28-08 at 06:20 AM.
    11-28-08 06:09 AM
    The only thing i could tell you to do is to go through those steps above and delete the drivers.

then uninstall the program

from there i would do a re install of the App and the Drivers

Also mine mounts as BLACKBERRY1 & BLACKBERRY2 one is the media card the other is the built in memory.

after you do all that lemme know what happens
    11-29-08 02:15 AM
    Solved, easy, installed first pocketmac 4.0 beta, the app starts, then install 4.1.125, the apps still starts, then install the new drivers and still the app starts and syncs.
    11-29-08 05:59 AM
    Thanks so much, drumzalicious, for the great help in getting pocketmac to work. Finally established a handshake with BB8830 & the new aluminum MBP. Have Entourage 08 and am now successfully syncing calendar, notes, tasks but it still hangs on contacts. Like hangs for hours. Any suggestions?
    11-29-08 05:01 PM
    Oh, and I do have 1,700 or so contacts. Don't know how long that should take to reconcile.
    11-29-08 08:49 PM
    I would suggest doing one section at a time

so contacts

then calender

then notes

etc...

pocketmac cant multi task very well
    11-30-08 02:06 AM
    I installed all up to date softeware and drivers it syncs but nothing shows up in my mac address book. Help.........
    03-17-09 08:49 PM
    BB sync to OS X is problematic. Pocketmac works but often creates duplicates. I switched to missing sync. Took 2 weeks to get it working. Had it working for about a week then installed an upgrade and guess what? Now I'm getting duplicates again. I'm so done with trying to sync my BB to my Mac. RIM should be ashamed. Just plain ashamed.
    03-17-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD