I just received my new Storm and for some reason my Mac won't recognize it. I made sure that my memory setting are on (media card support, mass storage support, and auto enable mass storage Mode). I have reformatted the Media Card and the Device memory. I have uninstalled and reinstalled The Missing Sync on both the Mac and the Storm.

It still won't recognize it. It worked great on my old Storm, but not the new one. The only difference is that the new Storm has a Sim card and the old one did not.

At my witts end........Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
    05-05-09 08:58 PM
    format the card ?
    05-05-09 09:32 PM
    yes, formatted the card and the device memory
    05-05-09 10:45 PM
    Im assuming you have the latest updated version of missing sync?
    Can you give more details of what you have actually tried besides what you have already said.. are you using the USB cord? are you trying to sync, drag and drop files, etc?

My settings: Media card support>on, media transfer protocol>on, mass storage support>on, auto enable mass storage when connected>YES

FYI I never formatted my media card or device memory..
    05-05-09 11:10 PM
    I have the latest Missing Sync version. I am using a USB cable and it is plugged into my phone and in the back of my Mac (no USB hub). Have tried to plug it in after I started Missing Sync and before. I have plugged it in then turned it on and have turned it on before plugging it in. I have done the "remove media card" and "add media card" but it won't recognize the card or the phone.

I unplug the new phone and plug in the old one and bingo - the mac recognizes it.
    05-06-09 12:16 PM
    My mother had the same issues. She ended up calling tech support for Missing Sync and they sent her something now she has no problems.
    05-06-09 12:20 PM
    Yeh well that is strange..I would contact tech support for Missing Sync as ruca said was helpful to his mother... Missing Sync unfortunately is not perfect and neither are the Storms, not a match made in Heaven..lol But its all we Mac users have.. Goodluck!
    05-06-09 03:09 PM
    I appreciate all your help! I tried contacting The Missing Sync for "Phone" assistance and they want $59.95 for it. Thats not going to happen! I would just go back to Pocket Mac but my Mac won't even acknowledge my phone.

I guess I'm hosed!

Thanks anyway......
    05-06-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD