I have read how to remove IT Policy from the BlackBerry - but everything I have found gives instructions using a WINDOWS PC. Is there any way to remove it using Mac OSX - Leopard from a Verizon Wireless Storm?

Thanks in advance,
    alisen
    01-31-10 10:31 AM
    In BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac follow these steps Device > Clear Data... > Choose Selected Data: > Check Policy > Uncheck Back up data before clearing > Clear

After that wipe your BlackBerry and the IT Policy will be removed. (you may not have to wipe the device, a battery pull may suffice)

Good Luck!
    If it works please "Thank" me.
    Last edited by rexpencoe; 01-26-11 at 03:36 AM.
    03-11-10 05:12 PM
    out of curriousity, what does deleting this file accomplish?
    03-12-10 01:50 PM
    out of curriousity, what does deleting this file accomplish?
    if your blackberry was ever on a BES through work and now you no longer need it to be. BES access can limit your phone and lock certain functions on your device which is called an IT Policy. this basically removes it and makes it completely fully functional again.
    03-13-10 09:15 PM
    this did not work for me; could you suggest something else
    10-25-10 12:22 AM
    this did not work for me; could you suggest something else
    1> Contact the original BES Admin that applied the IT Policy and have them set the IT Policy to "Default".

2. Activate your BB on another BES ... have that Admin set their IT policy as primary > then back to Default. backup your data and have them send a WIPE command using the default policy ... preferably on BES 5 if yours was originally on BES4.x
    11-07-10 01:56 AM
    Has anyone come up with a solution for this?
    11-29-11 10:32 PM
    You need to use a Windows PC to remove the IT Policy.
    11-30-11 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD