Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but every time I visit this site on my laptop, I'm redirected to the WAP site. And when I visit crackberry with my iPhone, it gives me the full site... what's up with that?

Mike Overbo
    Phone Different
    09-06-07 05:22 PM
    Hey Mike,

I think Dieter mentioned to me you were having this problem... it's popped up as an issue a couple of times, yet we can never seem to duplicate it. What kind of laptop are you running (Mac I'm guessing)? Which browser? Does it do it in all of IE, Safari, and Firefox? Or just one of them?

The issue has to do with the the way our redirections are done for the BlackBerry. If you visit CrackBerry.com on your blackberry, it automatically redirects you to wap.crackberry.com. For some reason, in this case, it's working the other way around.

I'll send this thread to our head programmer Tom to see if he can straighten it out. Will keep you posted when he makes any changes...you can check it out for us! Thanks!
    09-06-07 07:13 PM
    Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the response. It started working after I flushed my cache in Safari. Which is weird, since I had this problem in Firefox too. I was talking to Dieter, and we figured that maybe it was some corruption left by iPhoney, a mac app that pretends to be an iPhone. Still, odd behavior. I'll let you know if it happens again.

At any rate, nice to meet you, and I'd like to say that it's a shame about the Jets. I have friends in Arizona, but I'm not sure hockey belongs there.
    09-07-07 04:08 PM
    Hey Mike....

WELLL...we'll never know if the browser cache was actually the cause. Our programmer Tom made some changes last nite (about midnight) to the way browser/phone detection and how the redirects work. He figures he found the problem and has it solved. So if you tested it after midnight...hopefully his fix is what fixed it.

Let us know if you ever see anything again like that... could still be a problem potentially.

yeah..it is a shame bout the Jets. We're all sad. Jimmy (one of the crackberry.com founders) even built www.bringbackthejets.com!

Go sign the petition!

Good meeting you to!!
    09-07-07 04:46 PM
    Hey Mike....

WELLL...we'll never know if the browser cache was actually the cause. Our programmer Tom made some changes last nite (about midnight) to the way browser/phone detection and how the redirects work. He figures he found the problem and has it solved. So if you tested it after midnight...hopefully his fix is what fixed it.

Let us know if you ever see anything again like that... could still be a problem potentially.

yeah..it is a shame bout the Jets. We're all sad. Jimmy (one of the crackberry.com founders) even built ]Bring Back the Winnipeg Jets!

Go sign the petition!

Good meeting you to!!
    Eh, the programmer changes are likely it. Cache flushing shouldn't have fixed my problem. Well, good work from Tom your programmer at any rate.

Petition duly signed, by the way.
    09-07-07 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD