I am trying to find some photos that have been deleted from my BB. I am fairly certain they exist in one of my backups, and need to access those backups. When I go to them on my Mac, I get a message that no application is associated with them. I have had nothing but problems since installing and subsequently uninstalling DTM. I tried to go back to PocketMac but that doesn't seem to work anymore, either due to the install of DTM, or lack of Snow Leopard support - Pocketmac says it now supports SL but if they really did wouldn't it be a bit more prominent on their site? But I digress - is there a way to open these backups to search for content without restoring to my BB, which would screw things up even more?
    10-27-09 03:36 AM
    TMK, backups are used to restore data to the device....these are not stand alone and open and browse type files. You simply restore from them.
    10-27-09 08:06 PM
    So theoretically, I could backup my device, then restore one of the previous backups, recover whatever may be in that backup, then restore the most recent backup to get back to where I am today? That is if I can get any of the programs to back up the device working again.
    10-27-09 11:59 PM
    yes theoretically...LOL
    10-28-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD