04-02-09 11:54 PM
44 12
tools
    I currently have Panther 10.3.9 - should I definetly upgrade to Leopard 10.5.6?
    03-21-09 05:44 AM
    If I were you I would deifinitely upgrade. I've been using a mac for about 3 years now and have updated OS each time. I also highly reccomend parallels desktop for mac. This way you will be able to run windows alongside the mac and run bberry desktop manager which is a thousand times better than pocketmac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 06:11 AM
    Snow Leopard will be out fairly shortly, if you have an intel mac. Otherwise you won't have the option of going any higher than 10.5 so no point in waiting
    03-21-09 06:15 AM
    Is $80-$90 for a used Leopard disc reasonable? Thats what they are going for on Ebay and through Apple its $129
    03-21-09 07:14 AM
    Is $80-$90 for a used Leopard disc reasonable? Thats what they are going for on Ebay and through Apple its $129
    It is well worth the full price in my opinion. So go for the $129 or what ever. But if you are looking for iLife and iWork also you may want to look at this package.

Mac Box Set - Apple Store (U.S.)
    03-21-09 07:19 AM
    I have an Intel core 2 Duo 2.4.
    I am using Fusion to run my Windows. With Fusion you can run both operating systems at the same time. Windows will run as a Virtual Machine. It's a very cool program.
    03-21-09 12:49 PM
    You understand that's illegal, right?
    03-21-09 01:56 PM
    You understand that's illegal, right?
    Really what's illegal?
    Me posting that or the act of d/l it and saving 100 bucks?
    I for the record have the family pack for all 5 of my macs.

And you purchased EVERY one of your MP3's too right?
    Last edited by xxfire; 03-21-09 at 03:14 PM.
    03-21-09 03:03 PM
    If you're on Panther right now, you're probably still running a pre-Intel Mac, so Bootcamp and dualbooting Windows isn't an option. Not sure if VMwareFusion or Parallels run on the G4/G5 configuration.

Definitely update to Leopard. I'd go with Apple's bundle, which includes Leopard, iWork, and iLife for little more than the price I paid for Leopard when it first came out.
    03-21-09 08:27 PM
    Leopard is the way to go. So nice to use.
    03-21-09 10:20 PM
    I inherited a "Quicksilver" Power Mac G4 with a 22" monitor. Is this an Intel-based Mac? I'm not home to post the specs but I was just reading the requirements for Leopard, ILife, & IMovie.

(Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor. iMovie requires an Intel-based Mac, Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster). GarageBand Learn to Play requires an Intel-based Mac with a dual-core processor or better.)
    03-21-09 11:40 PM
    I inherited a "Quicksilver" Power Mac G4 with a 22" monitor. Is this an Intel-based Mac? I'm not home to post the specs but I was just reading the requirements for Leopard, ILife, & IMovie.

(Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor. iMovie requires an Intel-based Mac, Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster). GarageBand Learn to Play requires an Intel-based Mac with a dual-core processor or better.)
    CLick the Apple in the upper left corner of the screen...
    Then About this Mac...
    What's it say?
    Should look like this...
    03-21-09 11:46 PM
    I'm not home but when I get home I will list the specs - if you guys could let me know what you think - thanks
    03-22-09 12:01 AM
    Really what's illegal?
    Me posting that or the act of d/l it and saving 100 bucks?
    I for the record have the family pack for all 5 of my macs.

And you purchased EVERY one of your MP3's too right?
    SMH!! Here we go again....
    Unless you're looking to get banned, you canNOT post links to torrents on CrackBerry(.)com!

It's just that simple and not hard to follow!
    03-22-09 06:15 AM
    If you have a quicksilver, you definitely only have a G4, which is a PowerPC processor. Leopard is worth the upgrade; whether the iLife and iWork is worth it for you depends on what you want to use it for. You can count iMovie out since you're not Intel. Garageband will have limited functionality. iPhoto is gonna lag once you get some photos in there. iWork is unnecessary unless you need it for work, imho. I have it and LOVE Keynote; but I'm a professor and use that kind of thing for presentations pretty regularly.

I'd probably just go for the ebay copy. If you're affiliated with a college campus, go check out their bookstore or computer store. I feel like the higher ed discount takes it down to $70.

PS, if your quicksilver has less than 1.5GB of RAM, max that puppy out (to 1.5, which I believe is all it can take).
    03-22-09 07:30 AM
    Ok - here are my computer specs:

Machine Model - Power Mac G4
    CPU Type - PowerPC G4 (2.1)
    CPU Speed - 933 MHz
    L2 Cache - 256 KB
    L3 Cache - 2 MB
    Memory - 1.25 GB
    Bus Speed - 133 MHz

Is this an OK machine??
    03-22-09 09:01 AM
    Hi

I'm thinking of a blackberry storm, in fact i just put a bid on ebay for one. This one is locked and I have a vodafone SIM anyway.

However if I dont win this one I have seen another which already comes 'unlocked' and I wondered if unlocked blackberries have the same issues as unlocked iPhones? (locking again after connecting to iTunes or trying to update software?)

Also I'm running OS X 10.5.6. It is an intel iMac but I prefer not to put Windows on it, if at all possible. Will I get the software to connect it to Mac with the phone or do I have to download it separately from somewhere else?

Thanks

Kati (UK)
    03-22-09 09:28 AM
    For syncing, U will need Pocket Mac or Missing Sync (3rd party programs) or Windows on Ur Mac.

ITunes only works for iPhones/Touches- not BlackBerries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 09:53 AM
    What about my computer?
    03-22-09 10:01 AM
    Yep, you can definitely upgrade to Leopard on your machine. Just be sure that you get the UNIVERSAL version, as that will support both G4/G5 and Intel.

Anything "G" is pre-intel.
    03-22-09 11:34 AM
    03-22-09 12:03 PM
    Yes Brian, that would work. It's an official disc.
    03-22-09 12:08 PM
    Thanks ScandaLex
    03-22-09 12:13 PM
    Thanks ScandaLex
    You're welcome Brian.
    03-22-09 12:25 PM
    SMH!! Here we go again....
    Unless you're looking to get banned, you canNOT post links to torrents on CrackBerry(.)com!

It's just that simple and not hard to follow!
    Sorry Guess I shoulda studied the rules better...
    I'll not do that again...
    03-22-09 04:17 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD