New to this part of CB. I tend to stay in my little corner of the curve section. LOL I didn't even see the mac section- someone pointed it out to me. (I ask mac Qs a lot).

Ok. Here's what no one has clearly answered that I can find:

1) When I sync to my mac w/pocketmac, can I delete the preinstalled junk to free up more room using that(pocketmac)? or do I have to use a reg computer w/desktop manager?(And if I can only do it the latter way, does that require internet to do it? Or just tethering with a usb?)

2) I read somewhere here that pocketmac only let's you move stuff from BB to mac, and not in reverse.
    I have loaded a bunch of itunes
    to my BB from my mac. But I couldn't get my address bk to send from BB to mac. (*edit- it worked on one mac, my daughter's-but not mine!) Do I have that right? And what's up with that?

3) Can I use bluetooth to get online (from my BB) on my mac?
    I have never successfully gotten bluetooth to sync at all anyway, but if it ever happens...ha!
    What's weird is that both our macbook pros see my BB, and let you click connect but then immediately say "disconnected". Weird.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 05:18 PM
    Sorry. Don't know why it posted twice! That's never happened to me (here, anyway) before. :-/

09-01-08 05:23 PM
    New to this part of CB. I tend to stay in my little corner of the curve section. LOL I didn't even see the mac section- someone pointed it out to me. (I ask mac Qs a lot).

1) When I sync to my mac w/pocketmac, can I delete the preinstalled junk to free up more room using that(pocketmac)? or do I have to use a reg computer w/desktop manager?(And if I can only do it the latter way, does that require internet to do it? Or just tethering with a usb?)

2) I read somewhere here that pocketmac only let's you move stuff from BB to mac, and not in reverse.
    to my BB from my mac. But I couldn't get my address bk to send from BB to mac. (*edit- it worked on one mac, my daughter's-but not mine!) Do I have that right? And what's up with that?

I have never successfully gotten bluetooth to sync at all anyway, but if it ever happens...ha!
    What's weird is that both our macbook pros see my BB, and let you click connect but then immediately say "disconnected". Weird.

Thanks!

On #1, I couldn't get Pocket Mac to work on my iMac so I use Missing Sync. Yes, you can delete some of the pre-installed "junk" without using windows.

#2, don't know, but Missing Sync does.

#3, no you can't use the Bluetooth to get online, you have to have a separate plan for tethering with Verizon. Unfortunately, Bluetooth doesn't work with a Mac. The BB will see the Mac, but not vice versa. Maybe RIM will see that Mac users are big and they need to work with the Mac OS.
    09-01-08 05:31 PM
    Thanks. I'll check into missing sync. Will I need it if pocketmac works for me? Its working (mostly) on our macbook pro.

When I say junk, I mean the photos and ringtones that are soooo not what I'd use. LOL no disrespect to BB. :-)

Oh, and where would I find the place to delete the undesirable preloaded stuff? I've looked everywhere and cannot find it at all. Thanks again.

09-01-08 07:37 PM
    Thanks. I'll check into missing sync. Will I need it if pocketmac works for me? Its working (mostly) on our macbook pro.

When I say junk, I mean the photos and ringtones that are soooo not what I'd use. LOL no disrespect to BB. :-)

Oh, and where would I find the place to delete the undesirable preloaded stuff? I've looked everywhere and cannot find it at all. Thanks again.

Honestly, there is no reason you should feel the need to pay for The Missing Sync! The most recent version of PocketMac is quite capable!

I will post a follow-up regarding answers to your specific questions....
    09-01-08 07:40 PM

<cut>

Using a Mac, you cannot remove the "preinstalled junk"... PocketMac or Missing Sync. It just cannot be done, because you need to remove .cod files manually or using CrackMem. This is only possible on Windows because you need to install the OS to your machine, and then make the required modifications. You can remove some things, such as the sample video and unused applications, but other things cannot be removed with a Mac

What's up with what? The way you go about describing your issues is quite vague and uninformative to people attempting to help you! The most recent version of PocketMac works amazingly for me. Sync contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, etc. You can use Mass Storage mode to transfer media to and from the Berry.

Are you trying to sync via BlueTooth or tether with BlueTooth?? Once again, your description was confusing because you went of on some tangents and are kinda all of the place. Either way, tethering depends upon your carrier and you can follow this thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/its...l-guide-50186/

Thanks!

I hope that can help a little. It really is not all too complex
    09-01-08 07:45 PM
    1. You can delete BB apps from the device by going to "Options > Advanced Options > Applications", selecting the app you'd like to get rid of, pressing the menu key, and selecting "Delete". No need to sync for that. I've only deleted 3rd party apps this way, though. Don't know if system programs can be done away with, but I'd think extras like TeleNav and BrickBreaker can be.

2. I'd check my PocketMac and iSync settings on both machines to make sure they're the same.

3. Sorry, can't help with this one.
    ------------------------------------------
    marioski
    Using a Curve 8330 from Verizon.
    09-01-08 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD