OK I don't think this problem can be solved but thought I would ask. I know I am being SUPER picky here but the drive icons on the bootloader screen, I have changed them both on my mac to nice custom icons which work perfect on my mac desktop but upon booting up my mac and holding down the alt key I am given the usual windows or mac boot options, the mac hard drive icon is my nice custom icon but the windows drive remains the generic grey hard drive icon?? is there ANY WAY I can change this?? As I say i know its SUPER picky and you only see the boot loader screen 5 seconds but hey!!

Thanks all.
    03-23-09 05:52 PM
    Yup !

rEFIt - An EFI Boot Menu and Toolkit
    Now when you reboot you don't need to hold ANYTHING down.. It'll ask you if you want the MAC or the XP system.. with cool Icons... I'll reboot and take a picture for you... brb
    Last edited by xxfire; 03-26-09 at 12:40 AM.
    03-25-09 09:37 PM
    HEre you go...
    03-25-09 09:42 PM
    Yeah I tried that Refit app, it was as close I think as we can get, I struggled with the customising of it though, I.e. I wanted my own icons and none of the small icons underneath and no RefiT logo on top.
    As I say just me being super picky. I hear there is another app coming soon if you google chameleon bootloader you will see it, this looks like it could be good !

Bodisaffa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 03:18 AM
    Here is the link for the Chameleon bootloader with screenshots Chameleon: Introducing new features added to next version of Chameleon, part 1.
    And here is a link which supposedly allows you to change the grey hard drive icon at boot up manually which I could not get working.
    Personalize your bootloader - OnMac.net Wiki
    03-26-09 04:41 AM
    It's probably an issue with NTFS/FAT32 formatted drives. Maybe if you installed MacFuse/NTFS 3G or Paragon NTFS it would work. This is a purely speculative guess though. However they're nice to have so you can write to your NTFS bootcamp partition from within OS X. Oh and paragon NTFS is shareware, but from what i've read is more dependable. I'm really excited about the new Chameleon bootloader for my Hack though (and for you diehards I have a MBP too).
    03-28-09 03:59 AM
    Maybe if you installed MacFuse/NTFS 3G or Paragon NTFS it would work.

Just tried this and it did not work............time to give up I think!
    03-29-09 02:49 PM
    The Chameleon bootloader was designed for using generic Intel hardware with a BIOS to tell MacOS that EFI is present. So if using on a real Mac, this may not work as well.
    03-29-09 06:51 PM
    the mac hard drive icon is my nice custom icon but the windows drive remains the generic grey hard drive icon?? is there ANY WAY I can change this??
    Give this a shot, not sure if it will carry over to the Boot Loader but technically it should.
    04-05-09 08:16 AM
    I'd love to see if you ever get a solution to this...
    I'm picky too.. but Happy I got REEFIT to work, having to hold that option key...

Good luck, I'll look into this too...
    04-05-09 01:24 PM
    04-18-09 01:00 PM
    DUDE!!

OK firstly, thanks for still looking, secondly I checked out the solution, after reading it I thought this is it this WILL work and I still think it will, however it says:

"if you put an .icns file in /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.icns, that will
    be used instead of the default Mac OS X icon."

But I can only get as far as coreservices, I have no boot.icns folder??

Do you have to have rEFIt installed to have the boot.icns folder?

Thanks again xxfire
    04-18-09 01:14 PM
    DUDE!!

OK firstly, thanks for still looking, secondly I checked out the solution, after reading it I thought this is it this WILL work and I still think it will, however it says:

"if you put an .icns file in /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.icns, that will
    be used instead of the default Mac OS X icon."

But I can only get as far as coreservices, I have no boot.icns folder??

Do you have to have rEFIt installed to have the boot.icns folder?

Thanks again xxfire
    I'll look and see how far I can get...
    I had to reinstall XP so I re-dl reefit and thought of ya ...

I'll try and see... I'm all about custom too...
    04-18-09 06:19 PM
    II'll try and see... I'm all about custom too...
    Music to my ears!! Thanks again xxfire
    04-21-09 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD