Surely several of you must have asked yourselves as well - With OS leaks coming out, how will you be able to download an OS (Take for example, 5.0.0.191) .exe file onto a Mac? Correct me if I am wrong, but Macs only read .dmg files. Does this mean that there will possibly be two setup files for each OS? Like .148 .exe file for PC and .148 .dmg file for Mac. Has any Mac user managed to download .167 or 5.0.0.191?

Discuss.
    09-04-09 03:15 PM
    I would imagine they would release a Mac version as well. Or at least something dually compatible.

I think a lot of the later OS' have a Wireless Upgrade option, which will at least take care of any user on their carrier's network. I can't see why 5.0 wouldn't include this feature as well.
    09-04-09 03:40 PM
    I'm -hoping- they start releasing os updates as DMG files, but it would be nice if they released them as universally compatible files (say... zip.) I honestly don't know, but it would be nice to use my mac more and my pc less.

And to answer your last question... nope. Still using the PC to upgrade/downgrade OSs. No luck in finding a way to use my mac to load any os. Thinking once DM:Mac gets officially released there will be clarification as to what they're going to do about os updates.
    09-04-09 04:25 PM
    until then your safe bet is to use VM Fusion to load up windows xp in a virtual window and sync like every other PC user.
    09-04-09 05:14 PM
    Right now on mac I have the option to load os....I am on verizon and I can use the macversion of dm to load .65 .75 or even . 148
    Any thing else I need to use boot camp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 05:32 PM
    Right now on mac I have the option to load os....I am on verizon and I can use the macversion of dm to load .65 .75 or even . 148
    Any thing else I need to use boot camp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So that is what they meant as in that Mac users will not be able to install leaks; Testers will not be using Macs to install updates, only PCs. They will eventually make sure a Mac can install it, but it should have no problem.
    09-09-09 05:57 PM
    I would imagine they would release a Mac version as well. Or at least something dually compatible.

I think a lot of the later OS' have a Wireless Upgrade option, which will at least take care of any user on their carrier's network. I can't see why 5.0 wouldn't include this feature as well.
    personally i hate this option....the first VZW update was a nightmare. It works if you arent trying to download it with a million others but also it needs a good deal of memory, which so many users do not. There were hundreds of threads created on here from people that couldnt get it to work, i cant imagine what VZW tech went through
    09-09-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD