This is odd...whenever I try to drag a photo from my desktop (on my mac) into the BLACKBERRY disk, I get an error message that says "The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "xxxxx" could not be read or written." (Error code -36). Why is this? When I right click on the BLACKBERRY icon & look at the disk's info, it says under Format: MS-DOS File System (FAT 16). Does this have anything to do with it, and if so, how would I change that.

Jeff Frankle
    11-15-07 12:38 PM
    Are you using a memory card, with a memory card reader? If you are, make sure the little lock, is not in the lock position. That is what made mine be able to transfer. I am pretty sure that should work. If you are just connecting the phone via USB, I am pretty sure you can not transfer data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-07 03:58 PM
    It is very easy to transfer pictures and audio files from your Mac to the Blackberry. I use Pocket Mac. When you connect the phone via USB,you have to answer yes to the question Enable Mass media Storage? When you do this a drive called something like No Name will appear in your finder window. when you click on this you will see several folders for music pictures etc. on your BB. Then you can drag photos or songs or even documents to one of these folders.

That is all there is to it.

PocketMac does not automatically sync media folders so if you add something to your Mac you will have to drag it over to your BB.

Good Luck

Katie
    11-15-07 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD