After responding to numerous posts regarding issues with DM, it seems a common issue is the initial installation of DM. It is imperative you REMOVE (TRASH) all syncing software (e.g., Missing Sync, PocketMac, media sync...) from your mac prior to DM installation. I know this is unusual for Mac users to have to prepare for software installation as usually developers write some apple script to do this, but this is not the case with RIM.

So how to you rid your mac of the previously installed sync software...Try using the uninstaller first, then use spotlight to search for all components. Search multiple items..(like RIM)...Remember to remove DM as well. After these have been trashed, empty the trash (search spotlight again...). I strongly recommend using ONYX to remove all of the system/user cache. I would also suggest a reset of sync services on your Mac. Restart the Mac, repair permissions (precaution). Reinstall DM. Now make sure iCal and Address Book is up to date (you might archive them also). Your iCal events will come in under one calendar (even if you have multiple calendars in iCal)...It should sync with the default CICAL in your device (usually associated with your default email address). Additionally, DM does not sync groups from your Address Book,. you will have to group on the device. Check device...Options>Advanced Options>Default Services for your default CMIME and CICAL....those are what are going to be synced. Also the field map is not identical, so be prepared for some entries to not be where you think they should be and some entries won't be copied at all.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Statman; 11-17-09 at 10:44 AM.
    11-17-09 09:28 AM
    It still doesn't work for me.
    When I try to sync and let the program do one way sync. it pukes.
    I never want two way sync. I always want to overwrite he device.
    Program always hangs.

Crapware.
    11-17-09 02:02 PM
    It still doesn't work for me.
    When I try to sync and let the program do one way sync. it pukes.
    I never want two way sync. I always want to overwrite he device.
    Program always hangs.

Crapware.
    There is no such thing as one way sync????

please post details of your system instead of just what the symptoms are...are you using faster sync? The only option is no sync or two way sync...You must choose two way sync...then you can choose to replace device data...
    11-17-09 02:37 PM
    Always, replace device data = 1 way sync, from desktop to phone.
    it does not work if you select a group of contacts from your the address book.
    I don't want all 500+ contacts on my phone.

If I use the whole address book it works sometimes.
    If I want a group it never works, just hangs.

My solution is to clean the device in Parallels then use the Mac to sync with PocketMac.

At least it doesn't hang.

DM for the Mac = Crapware.
    11-19-09 01:48 PM
    Tech_head, how do you "clean device in parallels"? I have virtual windows xp through parallels on my macbook pro. If I download the latest pc bb desktop mgr to windows will the bb sync through parallels on the windows xp platform??
    Thanks
    02-26-10 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD