I have tried updating my Tour using DM to 5.0 on my Virtual Machine. My phone is read and backups fine, but when trying to connect to the Boot Rom my phone keeps cycling initial startup. If i stop or cancel the connection my phone starts up fine, it seems to be a problem with the initial connection using Parallels. This even happens when installing the recommended OS for a reload, so I know its not a vendor file problem or anything. Has anyone had success upgrading through Parallels or another Virtual Machine for that matter?
    10-12-09 10:43 AM
    I have tried updating my Tour using DM to 5.0 on my Virtual Machine. My phone is read and backups fine, but when trying to connect to the Boot Rom my phone keeps cycling initial startup. If i stop or cancel the connection my phone starts up fine, it seems to be a problem with the initial connection using Parallels. This even happens when installing the recommended OS for a reload, so I know its not a vendor file problem or anything. Has anyone had success upgrading through Parallels or another Virtual Machine for that matter?
    I have had limited success with loading OS in Parallels. I think I got it to work once, but that was it. I used bootcamp to load hybrid OSs until DM came along.
    10-12-09 11:54 AM
    Yeah parallels is not upgrade friendly at all, even VMWare Fusion has problems, I encountered a problem using Fusion, so I had to go over to a real windows machine to do it.
    10-12-09 01:40 PM
    Make sure you have Parallels. to grab the BB device when connected.
    I have not had any upgrade issues with my Storm or my wife's. I use Parallels exclusively with XP.

Not one issue.
    10-12-09 03:46 PM
    I did try that, are you running this on a macbook or imac? I have access to windows based computers just wanted to do this on mine. Well one more shot then I'll have to try a PC and relieve my headache.
    10-12-09 05:07 PM
    im experiencing the same issues with parallels while trying to load OS 5.0 on my tour.
    10-12-09 08:12 PM
    Parallels worked for everything except reinstalling my Berry OS.

Much preferred VMware for this, but Snow Leopard broke that. Hopefully the new VMware for SL fixes that. Will find out tomorrow when I have more time to mess around with it.

That said, an OLD version of VMware on a different computer works just fine. Never an issue.

For some reason, Parallels just chokes when trying to communicate with my Berry.
    10-12-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD