07-19-09 07:33 PM
48 12
tools
    I am having the same problem syncing with the Storm 9530. I get the error message:

PocketMac SyncManagerOEM Warning(s)

[10:04:45.649] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

I'm running system 10.4.11 on an Intel Macbook, using Pocketmac 4.1.25 (I've downloaded from both BB and Pocketmac) and have installed the 3.1.1 driver.

In fact, my Storm never seems to be recognized by my mac (no icon on the desktop, etc.) any suggestions?
    12-09-08 10:05 PM
    I finally solved the problem:

Installing *only* Pocketmac 4.1.25 and *not* the driver update (3.1.1) allowed me to sync iCal and Address Book. I also needed to change the setting in Options>Memory to Mass Storage Support = On. However, now I'm coming up against the problem that PocketMac won't allow me to sync iTunes or iPhoto. I get message in the window that says:

Feature unavailable: no media card present

I have an 8 GB card installed and my settings in Options>Memory are:

Media Card Support = On
    Encryption Mode = None
    Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) = On
    Mass Storage Support = On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected = Yes

Any clues?
    12-10-08 08:07 PM
    I finally solved my sync issue. New alum MBP and 8830. Latest version of Pocketmac and usb driver 3.1.1. Notes, Calendar and Tasks synced fine with Entourage 08, but contacts would not sync. Pocketmac would hang and I would have to force quit. Found out that usb driver 3.1.2 was released. Downloaded it, installed it, rebooted, and now contacts are syncing fine as well. Had some duplicates but a minor issued compared with not being able to sync at all. Once those were deleted, now everything seems to be syncing just fine. Google "pocketmac 3.1.2 usb driver" and you will find it under the "Pocketmac Support Site" in your search results.
    12-11-08 02:40 PM
    I finally solved my sync issue. New alum MBP and 8830. Latest version of Pocketmac and usb driver 3.1.1. Notes, Calendar and Tasks synced fine with Entourage 08, but contacts would not sync. Pocketmac would hang and I would have to force quit. Found out that usb driver 3.1.2 was released. Downloaded it, installed it, rebooted, and now contacts are syncing fine as well. Had some duplicates but a minor issued compared with not being able to sync at all. Once those were deleted, now everything seems to be syncing just fine. Google "pocketmac 3.1.2 usb driver" and you will find it under the "Pocketmac Support Site" in your search results.
    I had the same issues but never was able to sync all of my contacts, it would sync half of them and then stop. Purchased Missing Sync. Best $40 I have ever spent. RIM really needs to come out with some official software real quick.
    12-11-08 03:34 PM
    My curve has version 4.5 on it. I am not sure but I think everything was fine before I updated to this version. Now when i go to sync my phone it says syncing contacts forever but never gets done. I quit it after 30 minutes. Why is this?
    12-14-08 09:49 PM
    I checked the download section on BB homepage today, and found that they have released another driver update, this time the version is 3.1.3B. I'm currently downloading it, alongside Mac OS X 10.5.6 update, so by the time of writing, i haven't tried it yet. Will write back once i've installed and run it.

I'd post the link here, but i haven't had 10 posts yet, so just copy and paste this to your browser, while manually adding the usual "https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads" in front

/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F 3BB068C22&dl=34198D7C90441E04CC12D150AE13BDF7
    12-18-08 12:23 PM
    I also had the same experiences and finally tossed Pocketmac away. Now Missing Sync always located my BB. Problems remaining include incomplete contact sync notwithstanding MS alert say it did a fill contact. The duplicating of contact entries is quite discouraging.
    Any advice is much appreciated
    02-05-09 02:29 PM
    After upgrading to newer BB v4.5.0.77 on Curve 8830 I could not use Pocketmac at all -- It was showing error 1 and various other OID errors. After much ado and lots of trial and error I finally got things working in order again.

The following directions were provided to me by PocketMac support folks who were very supportive and helpful. The same directions may assist in clearing out other types of problems as well. Note: these directions are for Leopard OSX 10.5.6, so if other than that don't know how/if these same directions will work. Good luck.
    (also: I first uninstalled PocketMac)

"Please trash the following files:
    2 files starting with "BlackBerry" located in /System/Library/Extensions

PocketMacSyncManager folder located at /Library/Application Support AND/OR at your Home folder/Library/Application Support

PocketMac folder located at /Library/Application Support AND/OR your Home folder/Library/Application Support

The following frameworks located at /Library/Frameworks AND/OR at your Home folder/Library/Frameworks:
    DotMacKit.framework
    EWSMac.framework
    eSellerate
    libical.framework
    MindFortress.framework
    NotesLib.framework
    Pantomime.framework
    PMPluginsFramework.framework
    PMPluginsFramework4.framework
    PMPluginsFramework68kAligned.framework
    SyncManagerCommon.framework
    SyncManagerMedia.framework

Any preferences containing "PocketMac" in your Home folder/Library/Preferences.

Please upgrade to newest version of PocketMac. Install.

On the BlackBerry, you should open Settings, Options, Advanced Options, Media Card, and choose “On” for everything, and then Yes for Auto Enable mass storage device instead of Prompt.

Please shutdown the Mac and restart the BlackBerry by taking out the battery for 30 seconds. Turn on the Mac.

Please plug directly into your Mac, not the keyboard. Please connect with a powered USB hub if possible, or charge the device first.

1. Open 'PocketMac SyncManager'.
    2. Plug in BlackBerry via USB.
    3. Press 'Sync'."
    03-01-09 03:41 PM
    I had the same issues but never was able to sync all of my contacts, it would sync half of them and then stop. Purchased Missing Sync. Best $40 I have ever spent. RIM really needs to come out with some official software real quick.
    I agree, I am new to CB site but have talked to BB, techs about this issue they assure me software is being developed compatible with macs and have been running it with no glitches for about 6 months, they say it will be released soon so we do not have to go to outside providers for their software-i am having alot of the same issues you have been having and am working thru your answers until i find my solution-
    03-09-09 12:52 AM
    I have Blackberry 9500. How can I wirelessly sync with bluetooth My Entourage 2008 with my device using PocketMAc for Blackberry?
    03-10-09 01:52 AM
    I have been SEARCHING for a fix to our problems since my boyfriend and I got our new macbooks. Thank you sooooo much for this awesome info. We can now sync!
    03-19-09 04:15 PM
    hii
    i just got my first blackberry yesterday and im trying to sync it with my mac and it seems like u know the most about this stuff from what i gather
    i followed ur steps in downloading both the syncmanager and the driver updates and i went thought the manager and choose everything i wanted on my phone and clicked the sync button
    the problem seems to be that my storm is not coming up on my macbook.. like its not recognizing it and i just dont know what to do

if u could help me i would be delighted
    03-25-09 08:49 PM
    dloukiss - my bberry wasnt showing up in the device list either prior to running syncclean & datapurge. running those fixed that issue as well!
    03-26-09 09:21 AM
    HappyMac
    Thanks so much... do u know where i can get those though... im very new to all of this
    03-26-09 09:25 AM
    dloukiss - if you look on the very first post of this thread, there are detailed instructions for those two utilities.
    03-27-09 08:56 AM
    I am not a software development girl, but it seems insane that these drivers were updated many, many months ago, and they STILL aren't part of the regular PM install. Have they totally abandoned updating Pocket Mac?
    03-29-09 11:57 AM
    new to mac, new to blackberry, new to crackberry!

i can't even seem to get pocketmac to DOWNLOAD right on my macbook, when i click to open the file it says it's not recognized....i can't find any info on this particular problem when i search...help?
    04-01-09 12:26 AM
    i just got a mac and have used pocket mac already bt im having a hard time, i had to replace my phone and well on a pc you would just got into the file and find the file of which last time you backed up your old blackberry and sync the new one to that data. so how do u do this on a mac? i have no contacts
    04-01-09 06:19 PM
    Heres how I did it with my phone:

On the phone, go to Options>Memory turn on Mass Storage Mode Support and set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to Prompt.

Then, when youattach the cable to the phone, it will ask if you want to enable mass storage mode. Clicking Yes will cause 2 drives to appear on your desktop. Blackberry2 is the SD card.

this was very helpful and made me finally feel like upgrading to the storm finally paid off! after using the pearl from sprint I could never quite figure out how to add music to media player. once I got the storm I tried over and over again to sync and it would come up with the "skipping msg". but once I followed your steps I was able to drag itunes music directly to my media card as well as transfer ALL my contacts instead of having to enter them manually like I had been doing at first. thank you very much.
    04-01-09 09:55 PM
    I'm having the same exact problem now. If you could tell me how you fixed it, I'd really appreciate it!!
    Thanks!
    04-17-09 06:31 PM
    Mine mounts but EVERY TIME the PocketMac software crashes. This is after installing the diver update. I am using the New Blackberry Tour.
    07-19-09 11:00 AM
    what is the big difference between pocketmac and missing sync? Is it worth the 45 bucks...i mean 45 bucks is 45 bucks, i just hate throwing down money and walking away from it
    07-19-09 05:14 PM
    A friend that Missing Sync and he hates it. So I just bought Windows Vista Home Edition to run on Bootcamp so all the annoying backup crap goes away.

It’s just retarded that RIM does not make a GOOD application for MAC

All I can say is that the minute the iPhone hits Verizon, I’m getting it instead
    07-19-09 07:33 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD