10-24-09 08:41 AM
44 12
tools
    Can anyone tell me why I keep getting error messages for my contacts sync that say there are duplicates, etc. It also wipes out my homescreen and resets to factory homescreen. Just bought MS 2.0 Thanks.
    B/c Missing Sync 2 is no good for most users in it's current state. But w/ it being the other alternative to Pocket Mac- both programs will eventually fail you at some time- Missing Sync does it sooner.
    03-10-09 02:25 PM
    Interesting reading that so many of you are having issues with MS. I just upgraded to 2.0 and use Bluetooth Sync on both my Curve and Storm and haven't had any issues with it. It wakes up every 4 hours and syncs my phone, no issues with lost contacts or lost calendar entries.

Running on a Macbook Pro on 10.5.6.

Jim
    Out of curiousity, do you do that much with your phone that syncing every 4 hours is a must? For what I do w/ mine, once a week would be plenty.
    03-10-09 02:30 PM
    I am having some syncing problems as well. However, I've used Missing Sync for my old Palm Treo for years. The program was excellent. That's why I looked to Mark/Space when I got my Storm. I'm confident they'll fix the problems. They frequently update their software.
    03-13-09 11:20 AM
    Interesting reading that so many of you are having issues with MS. I just upgraded to 2.0 and use Bluetooth Sync on both my Curve and Storm and haven't had any issues with it. It wakes up every 4 hours and syncs my phone, no issues with lost contacts or lost calendar entries.

Running on a Macbook Pro on 10.5.6.

Jim
    Same for me, if you change "Macbook Pro" to "Macbook". No problem at all, my 500+ contacts sync properly and the calendar sync also works fine. A friend of mine run into problems because he set up his BB to keep appointments only for 30 days, which caused some appointments to be erased after sync. I set mine to "forever" and every calendar entry is still there where it should be.

For me Missing sync is worth the $40. I love the wireless sync - I just place my BB on my desk at home after work and everything is up to date.
    At the office I sync my office PC with Desktop Manager - even this mixed environment doesn't mess things up.
    03-15-09 09:26 AM
    Since I am having so many problems with syncing using Missing Sync (the latest problem is that it the program continually pops up on my macbook every 30 seconds) I was wondering if anyone can help me. Do I need to unistall and start again?
    03-15-09 07:55 PM
    I am having some syncing problems as well. However, I've used Missing Sync for my old Palm Treo for years. The program was excellent. That's why I looked to Mark/Space when I got my Storm. I'm confident they'll fix the problems. They frequently update their software.
    Yea, like once a year.
    03-15-09 08:28 PM
    I waited until MS was upgraded to 2.01 before buying it. Have had quite a few problems thus far. Contacts got wiped on my BB 8900, and had to overwrite it several times from the Desktop before it took. It's still very flaky and I have to keep overwriting the BB.

I'm not sure if I'll ever use the Bluetooth sync the way this thing's going.
    Last edited by nobius; 03-17-09 at 01:04 PM.
    03-17-09 01:02 PM
    I have once again downgraded back to 1.03, for the second time. I also had to restore from backups to repair the damaged iCal, Address Book and Notes. All this time I was wondering if Mark Space could just produce a lighter version of the 2.0x software, or even call it 1.x, one that corrects the category match up. (First Name, Last Name, Birthday, Anniversary, etc) That is all I really need. USB syncing is fine by me.

I would love to upgrade if this would work without random contact deletion or arbitrary changing of set alarms on certain dates. (ex. 1hr to 480hrs) It even decides when recurring events in the calendar should end. (Christmas ends in 2007 even though it is supposed to be every year)

I have no problem with 1.03 and my 8330 running 4.5.0.131 syncing with a Power Mac G5 tower. I guess that is where I am going to stay until there are more positive reviews of 2.0x.

I have not asked for a refund, I know it will work, someday. I have used Missing Sync from a Palm Tungsten to a HP Windows Mobile up to my BlackBerry. I just wish I hadn't hit a road block with the latest version of Missing Sync.
    03-17-09 09:07 PM
    Have also waited upgrading. Using old version with a Storm that works OK. Was hoping 2.01 would help things. Doesn't sound like it has
    03-18-09 09:24 AM
    I ended up going back to 1.3 after MS2.0.1 made my address book unusable. I couldn't even overwrite it from the Mac. I had to do a wipe & reload of my Blackberry 8900.

Stay very far away from this piece of crap software.
    03-18-09 02:32 PM
    Here's my warning for people using MS v. 2.0...

DO NOT UPGRADE TO THE NEW UPDATE OF 2.0.1.

I was one of the, apparently lucky ones, who had everything sync'd perfectly w/ the bluetooth between my mac (osx 10.5.6) and my 8330 curve w/ the 2.0.

Being in that mac free-to-update-because-it-works-better mindset, I updated to this new version that just came out.

BIG MISTAKE.

If ain't broke for you, don't fix it. Does anyone know how to go back to old 2.0 - everything I found on markspace's site is this new version???
    03-18-09 07:29 PM
    2.0 occassionally doubled my calendar entries (and then doubled again, and doubled again, and so on until I noticed and reset it). 2.0.1 doesn't work at all. Trying to figure out if its related to the general massive slowdown of my phone - sometimes won't even respond to my answering a call before it goes to voicemail, several minutes to look at something on the hidden Today screen - or whether it was just coincidence that that started the same time as 2.0 started being a problem.
    03-20-09 10:08 AM
    2.0 occassionally doubled my calendar entries (and then doubled again, and doubled again, and so on until I noticed and reset it). 2.0.1 doesn't work at all. Trying to figure out if its related to the general massive slowdown of my phone - sometimes won't even respond to my answering a call before it goes to voicemail, several minutes to look at something on the hidden Today screen - or whether it was just coincidence that that started the same time as 2.0 started being a problem.
    rap, you might want to check your phone- especially calender entries and see if it hasnt quadrupled this time.

Also, I read this somewhere, just cant remember where- ut anyway, do you have a lot of stuff on your memory card? That may aso be the reason for the slow performance.
    03-20-09 02:10 PM
    It hasn't doubled or quadripuled at this particular moment, but it has gone to many more than 4 copies of entries a couple times already (about 25-30 I'd guess). My memory card *was* pretty close to full, and clearing off some music has sped it up, although the OS shouldn't be relying on memory card space to operate efficiently anyway. But thanks for solving that issue.
    03-21-09 07:17 AM
    frustratingly enough, I couldnt make the sync via USB to work with the 2.01 version.

giving up and going back to the earlier version.

also, glad i came here and read everybody else's problems with the new version.
    03-23-09 08:41 AM
    why doesn't this phone sync with my mac easily... flawlessly...\Forty dollars for a program that has constant errors. You know what.... apple is expensive but it works and is easy, I love technology but I want it to work for me not the other way around Blackberry and PC is like a pain in my ***. I wish I bought the iphone because you know it will work with a mac. One company one software bottom line. I am over buying third party software in this day and age to sync with my computer destined for failure...DESTINED TO FAIL.
    09-13-09 08:41 PM
    for me missing synch works like a charm, flawlessly....
    it synch everything (contacts, music, task, calendars, notes) via bluetooth or usb without any problems, it works perfectly.

i tried DM beta for mac and it was terrific, plenty of errors, no sync, doulbe sync of my contacts, nothing worked.
    i will stay with missing sync even when RIM will release the DM official for mac, because i'm pretty sure, missing sync will be much more bettern than official DM.
    09-14-09 02:59 AM
    Thats how it's been with all 3rd party programs required for syncing. Some people can say that they've never had a problem using PocketMac or Missing Sync while others who've used both had nothing but problems.

Neither program has offered across the board consistency for all users. BBDM for Mac being no exception.
    09-14-09 03:36 AM
    I'm pretty happy with MS. Synced once with USB and every sync since then has been via bluetooth. It's much better than the bricking I got from DM.

Only one issue, tho. Can't find a resolution to it. I get this annoying message when I sync tho.

DeviceException: Device error: Another application is accessing the SMS log information and the device only allows one application at a time to access this information. If you know what application might be accessing the SMS log information try disabling or deleting it.
    Any thoughts on how to eliminate that?
    10-24-09 08:41 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD