I am TRYING to use Missing Sync with BB 8830 and late 08 MBP.

I purchased MS the day that os x 10.5.6 came out, since that is what MS was waiting for so that MS would work with MBP. Since the day I purchased MS, I have had connection issues.

Error reading from device (e0004051)
    Error communicating with device: read number of commands failed.
    Synchronization cancelled due to error. Could not connect to device.

I have had a ticket in from that first day and have uninstalled/installed MS, hard reset BB and still not working. Actually, the tech support with MS has been one of the worst I've seen. It takes a day or two for them to get back to me, via email, and then it is the same thing they advised before. In order for me to get telephone support, I need to purchase. I find this to be awful as my ticket for MS is dated to the date I downloaded MS.

I have even asked them to refund and have heard nothing. I know that everyone, it seems, has had good experiences with MS. Am I the only one who can't get this to work? Has anyone found a fix for this?

Thank you.
    12-31-08 08:24 PM
    i'm having the same error...can't figure it out
    01-01-09 04:01 PM
    above that error, i'm getting "an error occurred while configuring the background application"

anyone have any ideas?
    01-08-09 07:45 PM
    Have you ever had pocketmac installed? I know that if PM doesn't fully uninstall it can cause problems with the MissingSync connection. Sometimes you have to hunt down certain files to delete them.

If you have never had PM installed I am afraid I have clue.
    01-10-09 12:58 AM
    Same issue here, but I am still 10.4.11. Happens in about every 1 in 3 attempts to sync. In my office I have my Mac and a Dell laptop. When I get the (e0004051) error I -
    1. disconnect from the mac
    2. plug into the Dell via usb and connect with the Bberry desktop manager
    3. disconnect with the PC
    4. connect to the mac and Missing Sync and it will sync, every time

Don't know why it works, but it always works. If you have access to a PC give it a try.
    01-14-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD