Hello. I just downlaoded the new pocketmac version on my mac. Now it says to restart, so I did. Now it will not stop restarting. What do I do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 01:34 PM
    How far along is the computer getting before it restarts???
    08-18-08 06:09 PM
    It only gets to the white screen with the grey mac logo and the loading gear looking thing.

08-18-08 06:54 PM
    My brother in law over trying to help. He inserted boot disc and he is trying to repair stuff. Is that the only option?

08-18-08 07:13 PM
    Booting with boot disc not helping. Anyone out there have ideas? This happen to anyoen else?

08-18-08 07:49 PM
    yes one thing you can try is to use the Boot Disk, and use it to boot your computer. When you get to the installation, click on Utilities on the Tool Bar. Then select Disk Utility. From here you can run the Verify Disk, and Verify Disk Permissions. This should repair any problems that you are having. Also I am hoping that you are running your Time Machine as a backup. From the Utilities Menu, you can also run Time Machine and restore your PC, to a date before you began having these problems.
    08-19-08 06:15 PM
    Worst case is that you can reinstall the OS, and just migrate your personal files, folders, applications and settings over to your installation. The Mac migration assistant will walk you through restoring all of your previous apps and files over.
    08-19-08 06:23 PM
    Ok thanks all. I am going to try this today as soon as I get home.

08-20-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD