Hi everybody,

Super happy to finally have the desktop manager for mac, having an issue when trying to delete to applications, says i'm missing

"Validation failed because a module marked for add (net_rim_platform_im_resource__pt) is not available on local disk"

What does this mean? Wondering if I need to download any drivers,

Your help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Titan
    10-02-09 01:12 PM
    I am having a similar issue.
    10-02-09 01:56 PM
    Yup, same thing here. Everything else syncs and backs up perfectly, but application removal is still an issue. I was having the same problem running the Beta. I'm going to call in to tech support and see what they have to say about it. I'll post whatever I find out...
    10-02-09 02:29 PM
    Finally got off the phone with tech support (was on with them for almost 1.5 hours). Started with VZW, then got transferred up the chain at RIM. After all was said and done, they gave me a case number and said someone would be calling me back in 2 business days after they've had a chance to investigate further. I'll obviously post whatever findings I have after they call back but in the meantime, if anyone else has figured out how to get around the above error message, I'd love to hear what you did!
    10-02-09 04:06 PM
    Yup, same thing here. Everything else syncs and backs up perfectly, but application removal is still an issue. I was having the same problem running the Beta. I'm going to call in to tech support and see what they have to say about it. I'll post whatever I find out...
    Thanks! I never ran the beta so all of these issues are new to me.
    10-02-09 04:22 PM
    Thanks for putting in the call and time to try and help!
    10-02-09 04:23 PM
    Thanks! I never ran the beta so all of these issues are new to me.
    No worries. I'll call RIM back on Wednesday AM if I haven't heard back from them by then.

BTW - it's probably worth noting that the error message I received said I'm missing "net_rim_platform_resource_pt".
    10-02-09 04:24 PM
    Hey guys

thanks for the heads up, tried uninstall/install, still had the same problems, hopefully rim or mac come up with a solution.

if i found anything out, ill post on this thread

have a good night,

titan
    10-03-09 01:23 AM
    For any of you who missed it, sammy_michelle found the answer to our problems. I'm cutting and pasting her post from another thread below. Thanks again sammy_michelle!

Originally Posted by sammy_michelle View Post
    For anyone getting a:

"Blackberry Desktop Manager failed to validate your Blackberry device update. Validation failed because a module marked for add (net_rim_platform_resource__pt) is not available on local disk." error when you try to add/remove applications, I found a solution on the Blackberry.com forum that I tried and it did work.

I had to uncheck all of the language packs that I wasn't using. I remember the Verizon rep asking me if I wanted other languages on my phone, and I said no, which may be why they couldn't be found on the local disk. Once I unchecked these, everything ran smoothly. Very relieved that I can finally add/install apps via DM.

For the record, I am on a Mac, running Snow Leopard, with a Tour. I know there was at least one other person on here with this issue, so hopefully that helps.
    10-05-09 06:26 PM
    this doesnt work for me i still get the error
    10-29-09 04:15 PM
    I too am also getting the same message when trying to delete apps on my Verizon Tour:

"Validation failed because a module marked for add (net_rim_platform_im_resource__pt) is not available on local disk"

I've searched the forums and they all say to uncheck the language packs I'm not using. I'm not using any language paks except English. In the DM, the boxes for the Language packs are not a blank box but have a dash through them. When I click it, it checks it, so I uncheck it and it puts the dash back through the box. It shows that I'm not not trying to add them so it should work but still doesn't.

I've downloaded the update for the DM and that still did not change anything. Everything else works fine with the DM except for this. I really would like to take some of the themes/apps off my phone to free up some memory. I'm not sure what to do since the Language pack solution is not working. Any other suggestions to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    11-09-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD