• 24-29

12 24.49%
  • 30-35

9 18.37%
  • 36-45

7 14.29%
  • >46+

6 12.24%
    Do you prefer Blackberry Bold 9700 over iPhone 4? Do you love technology? Are you using Mac/Apple hardware? Are you working in IT? If so, please vote! I need it for the research to help get more people into Blackberries in our Web company (small-mid startup). Thanks!
    06-21-10 12:57 AM
    The IT thing is the killer, I don't know how many IT people use CB.
    06-21-10 01:04 AM
    I prefer 9700.
    06-21-10 02:37 AM
    iPhone isn't available for me on TMO so I use a Blackberry. I probably wouldn't get and iPhone anyway. I have an iPod touch and I prefer a keyboard. From a business standpoint, i'd go with BB.
    06-21-10 07:13 AM
    IMO: Iphooey!

Last edited by jshuford; 06-21-10 at 01:35 PM.
    06-21-10 08:55 AM
    I.T. guys in my company have BBs.
    06-21-10 10:54 AM
    IT guys in my office are summoned only if you mail then.
    They are on BB..
    And yes...
    All the dumbs males and pink girly girls have iPhone.
    My company strength is 15K ( all 4 centers)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 11:11 AM
    Do you prefer Blackberry Bold 9700 over iPhone 4? Do you love technology? Are you using Mac/Apple hardware? Are you working in IT? If so, please vote! I need it for the research to help get more people into Blackberries in our Web company (small-mid startup). Thanks!
    Lol, you are thinking to use iPhone for communication solution in company....
    iphone is toy, BB is tool.

06-21-10 11:14 AM
    Well your "research" is completely flawed off the bat. How can you expect any real feedback here when the iPhone 4 isnt even out yet? If an IT department is going to evaluate a product based on its technical merits wouldnt the device need to be available first? Maybe Im just crazy....
    06-21-10 11:51 AM
    Lets assume we compare with the current 3Gs, I prefer the BB 9700 over the iPhone. iPhone is flashy and it does work, but its not as robust as the BB 9700, nor is it encrypt-able. That's key to this argument. Instant IM with BBM eliminates the cost of text messaging. Lack of apps makes the BB faster than the iPhone. Too many apps makes you lose focus on what the device is for. I had to reboot my iPhone several times a day, while my BB 9700 is rock solid all day long, with killer battery life. Signal is great, as I'm using a BB on AT&T and no dropped calls or bad data connections as compared to the iPhone. For collaboration, the BB is the phone to get. That's my 2cents from an IT guy who fits all of the above except the Mac/Apple hardware requirement.
    06-21-10 01:28 PM
    About the only thing that the iPhone has over a 9700, for me, would be syncing all of my computers and phone OTA using something like MobileMe. Routing stuff through Google is woeful for my needs as it doesn't do half of the things needed. I would love not to have to hook up to a computer, but that isn't enough to make me go to an iPhone.

I was laughing today at people discussing the new "great features" of the iPhone update. Almost all of them that they raved about we have had on BB's for years. I was thinking, "How did you ever live with a phone like that?"
    06-21-10 06:02 PM
    I work in the IT department as a paid intern. I use a 9700 and an iPod Touch. Like a couple of users mentioned, (& I simply cannot put this in betters words) the iPhone is too much of a toy. Since I am also a student, the 9700 works great for me. E-mailing projects, keeping in touch with instructors, etc. So, not to get out of hand. I use both Mac and Windows. Mac for personal use and Windows for when in the office. I always hear co-workers w/ iPhones talking about new apps and themes. Honestly, who cares? Thats not what a phone is for. My 9700 serves its purpose and gets things done. As mentioned, the 9700 is rock solid, you can't go wrong with it.

Edit: I just remembered, actually, today I saw a couple of co-workers who recently discovered multitasking on their iPhones via jailbreak. ^^ Agreeing with the post above by SaraBear, what kind of phone does not allow you to multi-task straight out of the box?
    Last edited by a93hunt; 06-21-10 at 08:15 PM.
    06-21-10 08:13 PM
    I am a heavy blackberry user and I work in IT... Right now i have the 9700 and I am pleased with it... The only thing with it is, I dont have much room for apps, so i had to uninstall them because it was slowing down my response time incredibly! i had 80mbs of free space and yet i was still having freezing problems. I then uninstalled many apps and have over 100mbs of space... I'm not to thrilled that i deleted my apps for this device to actually work but its okay.... I would want to try the iphone 4 because of the memory and as well as app functionality and there are a million more apps for the iphoen than there is for the blackberry...

The only thing that wont really make me go towards the iphone4 is the fact that I AM IN LOVE WITH THE BLACKBERRY AUTO TEXT feature... This feature makes my life soo much fkn easier!!! I abuse the crap out of it and i LOVE it.... the other reasons as well as UMA calling, replacing the batteries, and a keyboard... If my 9700 had more memory on it, and a crapload of more apps i would be 1000% happy. If iphone actually made their phone with the autotext bb feature, then i think i would probably switch over, but for now, i will be a blackberry user.... Just because of that auto text feature...
    06-21-10 11:23 PM
    I updated my 3gs to 4.0 a few hours ago and I sincerely wanted to get excited. So I put my 9700 down and decided I was gonna take my iphone seriously. It's now midnight and I put it back in my oldest daughter's night table (she's 10 and she loves to play the Twilight trivia games). Thank-You Mike Lazaridis. Thank-You. Thank-You for my Blackberry.

06-21-10 11:58 PM
    i work in IT and i love my bold 9700. I used to have a iphone and have major issues my phone now has been rock solid ever sense i had it. I had to restore my phone all the time and had many problems like slowing down shutting off randomly and other problems ill stick with my bold but it would be interesting to hear how and see the new iphone when it comes out
    06-22-10 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD