10-29-09 12:28 AM
210 ... 789
tools
    To JerseyDriver:

Make sure you fully remove the DTM stuff.
    Thanks for the reply, think I posted in the "removing MAc Desktop" forum the process I went thru taking it out, then found thousands of processes starting/stopping in the Console when I was in there. But I will keep working on it, maybe follow those instructions you posted, haven't had a chance in the last week to go any further.
    09-26-09 02:45 PM
    I'd been functioning pretty well with Missing Sync on SL, but thought I'd try the new DM I'd been waiting so long to see. I uninstalled Missing Sync, then installed DM.

I overwrote my Tour on the first sync, and all appeared to go well. But then the first time I tried a 2-way sync, it was a total disaster. iCal, Address Book and Tasks all gave errors and conflicts, and DM tried to overwrite what was on my Mac with different data in various fields for every entry. I wrestled with this for awhile, then gave up, tried the DM uninstaller, which failed to uninstall.

I can't find any info anywhere about what the installer actually installed, but now I can't restore iCal from backup for some reason. It appears to restore, but then just keeps on going forever. This is a direct result of the DM doing something to my system. I've cleared out all the Sync files and iCal preferences and calendars everywhere, deleted the sync history, tried to restore from an iCal backup made before all this happened, and it's still not right.

I've now re-installed Missing Sync, and sync with my Crackberry is working fine again, but for some reason I still can't complete a restore of iCal from any backup. Anyone with any ideas how to fix this, I'd appreciate your tips. I don't trust RIM to make anything useful for the Mac, and it's going to take a lot for me to ever install their crap on my machine again.
    10-06-09 02:52 AM
    iCal won't sync from device to desktop - Events added to device don't make it to desktop.

.167, BB DM v1.0, Storm 9530, Snow Leopard
    10-06-09 11:54 AM
    iCal won't sync from device to desktop - Events added to device don't make it to desktop.

.167, BB DM v1.0, Storm 9530, Snow Leopard
    Do you have iSync set to notify you on changes? I ask because I have the same issue, and it is strange because I get the iSync notification that my BB wants to make changes to my desktop. I click allow and the sync completes, but the events don't show up. It seems like DTM knows events have been added on the BB and need to be moved to iCal, but it won't complete the deal.
    10-06-09 12:37 PM
    I just synced my storm to my mac for the first time, and now I have no idea where all my contacts went...please help
    10-06-09 07:50 PM
    I just synced my storm to my mac for the first time, and now I have no idea where all my contacts went...please help
    did you back-up your device first? if so just restore. I have no idea why this happens...I don't know your settings and you haven't posted them either. are your contacts in entourage or mac address book or what?
    10-06-09 08:08 PM
    I did not back up. I asked my bro to sync it for me while I went to make food, he said all he did was under contacts on DM hit sync two way, then hit the sync button. I then looked at my contacts on my storm, and everyone got deleted.
    10-06-09 08:16 PM
    I did not back up. I asked my bro to sync it for me while I went to make food, he said all he did was under contacts on DM hit sync two way, then hit the sync button. I then looked at my contacts on my storm, and everyone got deleted.
    First problem was having someone else do it.
    Second problem was not backing up your blackberry in some form or another.
    Other than that I am not sure exactly how to resolve the problem. I have mine synced fine. All of my BB contacts are in my mac and all of my Mac contacts are on my BB.
    10-06-09 10:06 PM
    Hi, everyone,

I tried a leaked version of DMFM and the first thing I used it for was to back up my device. Then I synced notes and music (no problem with notes, needed to fiddle with music), and then I looked for upgrades. Somehow, in the process, I brilliantly managed to delete my Tasks app.

I've tried to restore it from my original backup. "Tasks" and "Tasks Options" both appear to restore without any problem, but then I still cannot find Tasks on my device or sync my tasks from my Mac.

The T-Mo rep says they can't reinstall it for me, I have to use the DM. Well, fine, but "Show Other Applications" is greyed out. I can't figure out how to reinstall the OS that was originally on my device, much less upgrade it in any way. I've attached a screenshot.

FWIW, I can't see any of the native BlackBerry software in my DM window, only third-party applications.

Thanks for any ideas anyone has!
    10-26-09 08:23 AM
    i waited months for this program on a mac and its just not what I hoped.....back to iPhone.
    10-29-09 12:28 AM
210 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD