10-29-09 12:28 AM
210 ... 6789
tools
    i have Snow Leopard installed and i boot up in 64bit (default) Dm will open but it wont recognize my storm or curve unless i restart and boot in 32bit. i hope this is the reason they haven't release it yet and i hope to see it by the end of the month but to be honest my opinion is that they wont release DM for Mac until the storm 2 is release.
    09-22-09 05:52 PM
    Hey, i got a 8320 and downloaded the beta DM for mac the other day. Thank god no problems here... although u have heard of people not being able to sync music (i can with no problem) and iCal issues (i dont use iCal so i wouldnt know)

no problems with updates either... went from 4.2 to 4.5 flawlessly =D
    09-23-09 05:14 AM
    I broke down last night and bought Missing Sync. Installed it and after a few initial botched attempts (due not following the instructions) it worked like a champ. iCal and contacts both sync'd fine.
    09-23-09 08:17 AM
    I'm running 10.5.8, BB Pearl 8120 I got this week and the beta Mac DM.

So, with the projected release only a couple of days away, I thought I'd still post my findings:

Those with the 'A sync error occurred', I had this and managed to fix it. The problem is seemingly due to a prior installation of Entourage.

So this is what I did: looked in the error log to see what the exact error was and finally located it in the DM package.

And this is a quick hack to cure it (please note, don't do this if you don't know what you're doing or haven't had any experience with hacking programs. As always, BACK EVERYTHING UP):
    Locate Blackberry Desktop Manager on your drive.
    CTRL+click and select 'Show Package Contents'
    Locate 'Contents/Resources/ClientDescriptionWithEntourage.plist'
    Make a backup (just in case) by duplicating and renaming.
    Open the original in plist editor or TextEdit
    Locate the key:
    Root
    entities
    com.microsoft.entourage.notes.Note

and delete it (select then delete in plist editor or select the key com.microsoft.entourage.notes.Note AND the array… below it)

Save, and reopen Blackberry Desktop Manager and voil! It should work fine (mine did).

Good luck... maybe this will be present in the final release.

And… the 'Service changed - Merge contacts/addresses' thing, I cured by running the Backup then a wipe on the BB and Full Restore. Some settings were erased but the sync worked and I could edit contacts on my BB.

There's still some stuff to iron out, but having tried PocketMac, this client is far superior, faster and more reliable (not to mention programmed well).
    09-23-09 10:58 AM
    Many thanks, Josh, for the effort. I located the plist file you mentioned but, unfortunately, was unable to locate the specific entourage note. Let us know if you run across any other ideas and many thanks again.
    09-23-09 11:57 AM
    Perhaps it's just for people that have had Entourage installed, or that have enabled and tried to sync Entourage, or a different beta?
    09-23-09 12:05 PM
    I have Entourage and it won't sync with that app. Frustrating.
    09-23-09 02:52 PM
    I broke down last night and bought Missing Sync. Installed it and after a few initial botched attempts (due not following the instructions) it worked like a champ. iCal and contacts both sync'd fine.
    Stupid question maybe, but reading your earlier post you seem to have the same problem I did where now PocketMac won't see my BB after using the DTM. You installed Mising Sync and it worked, but do you still have Pocket Mac installed, and does it now see your BB ? Just wondering, thanks.
    09-23-09 03:45 PM
    I'm glad it all worked for you, but why buy that hit or miss software when DM for Mac is due out this month, for free? Just curious. If you're happy with it more power to ya. Just seems like wasted money.
    09-23-09 04:59 PM
    "Clear personal data" doesn't seem to be working, which is a drag since it gave me double of all my contacts (on my phone), so now I just want to delete them all, then resync with the clean list i have on my computer.

Any thoughts on how to better do this? (I'm using an 8330)
    09-24-09 01:59 AM
    The month is nearly over. Shouldn't we have heard something about the official release by now?
    09-24-09 09:03 AM
    The month is nearly over. Shouldn't we have heard something about the official release by now?
    Should be Friday. RIM Goes In-Depth on BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac | CrackBerry.com
    09-24-09 09:06 AM
    I have used it to back up and transfer music and pics with ease, now i wanna be able to upload new OS please lets get this show on the road RIM
    09-24-09 11:17 AM
    I have Entourage and it won't sync with that app. Frustrating.
    DM for Mac will use Sync Services to work with Entourage just like Missing Stync. Unfortunately Sync Services is unreliable except that it reliably stuffs up Categories.

Pocket Mac is working for syncing my Bold and Entourage and I use a PC to update the OS. If it ain't broke...

-- Robert.
    09-24-09 06:10 PM
    Thanks but, 18 months ago I tried both PocketMac and the other one. Neither worked. I've had the box checked re Sync Services -- no joy.

I give up.

Thx again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 07:08 PM
    I'm glad it all worked for you, but why buy that hit or miss software when DM for Mac is due out this month, for free? Just curious. If you're happy with it more power to ya. Just seems like wasted money.
    I am very curious, as now according to CB the DT for Mac won't be coming out tomorrow/today, whether it's because the "leaked" or "beta" version so many people are having issues with is the real version they planned to put out. I need to have my calendar for work because I use them as a time sheet, I was always able to use PM to sync at least one calendar (two were working for a while, then one stopped). Never used contacts as I was still sorting thru all mine to get them ready to try a sync, so I can't speak to that. But this DT thing really screwed up my schedules when I was playing with it, and I don't seem to be alone. All the screenshots I saw in that article yesterday look just like the program I was using, and while that doesn't mean anything, I just don't know what we will be getting whenever it happens to launch now anyway. If anyone is still using it, please post the version of DTM for Mac that you have. If I remember correctly, the one I had was 1.0.0.75. Or it was 1.something build 75 maybe. Just a thought as to why you would spend the money, for I may be doing the same thing this weekend.
    09-24-09 11:14 PM
    ok this is probably a stupid question but when i first mounted the image and went to install, it tells me the software does not support my operating system? what can i do? i have OS X
    09-25-09 10:28 AM
    I know it's been posted elsewhere in this forum, but the official release has been delayed a week.
    09-25-09 10:32 AM
    @AlwaysOnTheMove you probably have OSX 10.4 installed, no? That's the only reason it would throw that error.
    09-25-09 10:48 AM
    I hate how they are taking so long to release the DM officially.
    09-25-09 12:58 PM
    Same here, but I guess it's better than releasing a buggy mess.
    09-25-09 01:00 PM
    A lot of us Mac+Berry users have been waiting YEARS for DM to come out. At this point, what difference does a couple more weeks make? As long as they work out the bugs from the leaked beta, I'll be more than happy.
    09-25-09 01:01 PM
    Hey, could you please list some of the specifcs on "some combination" cause I did the same thing last night, wiped to 507 error, re-loaded new .297 software for my Bold (fixed my memory leak at least) and still can't sync
    So any tips might be helpful. Trying to help myself and others cause I'm posting here and another thread about these issues. Thanks for any info.
    I'm not sure exactly what fixed it but I did:

1. Remove PocketMac
    2. Remove stuff in the Library related to PocketMac and BlackBerry
    3. Reinstall PocketMac
    4. Reinstall the PocketMac drivers
    5. Wiped the device
    6. Restored from backup the device.

I'm not sure what made the difference, but I backup to Time Machine before I do any significant changes to the syncing now.
    09-25-09 04:52 PM
    To JerseyDriver:

Make sure you fully remove the DTM stuff.
    Last edited by focusfactor; 09-25-09 at 04:54 PM. Reason: to whom wasn't clear
    09-25-09 04:53 PM
    I made some progress tonight. I had originally posted that neither iCal or Contacts would even get option to sync. I being semi-new to a Mac didn't know about iSync which was off. Once I enabled and re-installed DM I had option to sync. I was happy happy. I had no problem with contacts sync'n but calendar and tasks both show sync being done but nothing showing up on phone. In fact, all my events from previous Windows syncs were removed so my calendar on phone is empty.

Anyone have any ideas? I have two calendar and both show no events being sync'd from Mac iCal.

I understand that next week we'll get official, I'm just happier knowing that my backup tonight worked and my contacts were transferred. It's not perfect but better than nothing like before.
    09-25-09 08:17 PM
210 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD