10-29-09 01:28 AM
210 ... 56789
tools
    I have a problem... I installed the Beta Desktop Manager (in Snow Leopard) only to discover that it won't work with a lowly 7130e. I don't know if the final version will. Hopefully. Anyway, when I go to use the uninstall tool, it won't uninstall completely (or at all). I put the program in the trash and I hope it's gone, but meanwhile I'm not sure if it is interfering with Pocketmac.

Pocketmac won't sync now. I've reinstalled it and reinstalled the driver updates, but no luck. The Bb will show that it is plugged in when connected.
    09-13-09 11:03 AM
    I have a problem... I installed the Beta Desktop Manager (in Snow Leopard) only to discover that it won't work with a lowly 7130e. I don't know if the final version will. Hopefully. Anyway, when I go to use the uninstall tool, it won't uninstall completely (or at all). I put the program in the trash and I hope it's gone, but meanwhile I'm not sure if it is interfering with Pocketmac.

Pocketmac won't sync now. I've reinstalled it and reinstalled the driver updates, but no luck. The Bb will show that it is plugged in when connected.
    you can't have PM or MS installed when you install DM...if you do you will have multiple programs that don't work. I suggest you remove all of the sync software (PM, DM...)...Look in app folder, ~library>app support, ~library>preferences...and remove them yourself.
    09-13-09 12:18 PM

Have the same issue as you do. That happened on my MB Pro, then I tried to sync with my MB, which never had the DT installed, only Pocket Mac. Won't sync there either, so it has to be something that got changed in the BB. Even went into the engineering, or escreen, following another thread about sync issues. It was to check USB connectivity, and mine was fine. I am planning on wiping the BB later with a *sigh* Windows laptop and upgrading the software to the newest .297 that's out for the Bold. I'll post back once I am finished, see if it worked.
    09-13-09 06:46 PM
    i'm so happy to have managed to come back to using missing sync.. everything is working like a charm (task, calendars, contacts, music, pictures....).
    thanks missing sync!

d
    09-13-09 08:05 PM
    it does not recognize my Blackberry Curve 8330. The software opens and I get the welcome screen. Then to begin connect your device to your mac. I connect mine and my blackberry asks if I want to turn on mass storage. I select yes. Then nothing happens, I try ejecting, reconnecting, reinstalling, deleting preferences still nothing. HELP Please.
    09-13-09 08:26 PM
    I used a Windows computer to backup and wipe my handheld but it still won't connect with my computer using PocketMac.

@JerseyDriver

Update: Well, some combination of deleting things and reinstalling things has led to success. It is currently syncing. Hopefully the new DM will too!
    Last edited by focusfactor; 09-15-09 at 09:11 AM. Reason: resolution
    09-14-09 11:28 AM
    Make sure you guys don't have pocket mac or missing sync installed on your computers if your trying to use Desktop Manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 04:59 PM
    09-15-09 05:53 PM
    anyone have problems syncing after 10.6.1 update? I was able to sycn fine with 10.6, but once I updated to 10.6.1, BB Desktop Manager says "A sync error occurred. Please retry the sycn" with any sync. Ideas?

Thanks!
    09-15-09 07:33 PM
    I used a Windows computer to backup and wipe my handheld but it still won't connect with my computer using PocketMac.

@JerseyDriver

Update: Well, some combination of deleting things and reinstalling things has led to success. It is currently syncing. Hopefully the new DM will too!
    I had to use windows to restore my last saved backup; no need to wipe anything. I'm just glad my contacts are not back the way they were before DMFM screwed them all up.
    09-15-09 09:18 PM
    anyone have problems syncing after 10.6.1 update? I was able to sycn fine with 10.6, but once I updated to 10.6.1, BB Desktop Manager says "A sync error occurred. Please retry the sycn" with any sync. Ideas?

Thanks!
    no problemo here....
    09-15-09 10:20 PM

@JerseyDriver

Hey, could you please list some of the specifcs on "some combination" cause I did the same thing last night, wiped to 507 error, re-loaded new .297 software for my Bold (fixed my memory leak at least) and still can't sync
    So any tips might be helpful. Trying to help myself and others cause I'm posting here and another thread about these issues. Thanks for any info.
    09-16-09 12:03 AM
    It seems that many who've used the beta mainly had nothing but problems yet some people can't say they've had one issue. Is locking of contacts a constant for everyone. Is there a newer version of the beta available that fixes this?

09-17-09 09:45 PM
    It seems that many who've used the beta mainly had nothing but problems yet some people can't say they've had one issue. Is locking of contacts a constant for everyone. Is there a newer version of the beta available that fixes this?

I think the next version we'll see is the official release.
    09-17-09 09:48 PM
    I think the next version we'll see is the official release.
    Thanks for the reminder. I forgot that the official release is just days away.

09-17-09 10:05 PM
    Not sure how you can conclude this....seems that if everything works there is no need to post. So of course you will get more posts from folks that have problems. Mine works fine with none of the issues I see listed in the posts. My contacts are not locked either.
    09-18-09 10:37 AM
    Hey!

I have recently downloaded the DM for Mac OSX. I am able to sync fine the first time - but when I download the facebook application and re-sync it asks to merge the data etc. I am not sure what I am doing wrong - but then it fails to sync. I look at the contact and its one person's name for over 300 entries. I've tried to wipe the address book but I cannot - I end up having to wipe the device and start from scratch. Any ideas and/or has anyone else had this issue? Everything else seems to sync just great!

Blackberry Storm 9530
    09-21-09 05:39 PM
    My contacts synced perfectly but the calendar is not syncing.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    09-21-09 09:37 PM
    contacts synced fine the first tim but after that i had duplicate contacts. did a handheld wipe then sync again and worked but i guess it didn't back up my apps there all gone. i did a full back up but this is leaked so i guess i cant complain. im keeping my back up with g contact just in case.
    09-22-09 10:29 AM
    +1 for one way syncing.

+1 on +1 for one way syncing
    09-22-09 12:27 PM
    The only issue I've had is that I have to turn off wireless syncing on my BB (set up for BES) before I can sync it to my Mac. I hope this changes as it's annoying to go into notes/calendar/contacts and turn it off, then sync, then turn it back on.
    09-22-09 12:29 PM
    Not sure how you can conclude this....seems that if everything works there is no need to post. So of course you will get more posts from folks that have problems. Mine works fine with none of the issues I see listed in the posts. My contacts are not locked either.
    I concluded this based on what's been posted so far. It is a given that there will be more doesn't work than does post. Be that as it may, there are quite a few people that have posted, such as yourself, that they didn't have any problems.
    09-22-09 12:41 PM
    I've posted this before, but has anyone had the same problem where Mac DM says I don't have a calendar to synch with and to launch iCal or Entourage? I use iCal all the time and my default calendar is Work.

Just curious if anyone else has/had this problem and found a fix. I can't sync to phone unless DM sees I use iCal.
    09-22-09 01:10 PM
    Question to anyone that has done a restore on their phones. Does it restore your contacts if your using BBM 4.7?
    09-22-09 04:46 PM
    Question to anyone that has done a restore on their phones. Does it restore your contacts if your using BBM 4.7?
    Yep works fine on 4.7 and 5.0.
    09-22-09 05:22 PM
210 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD