10-29-09 01:28 AM
210 ... 45678 ...
tools
    yes there is an official desktop manager for mac users but it hasn't come out yet, it is supposed to be out sometime this month, the one that everyone is trying to use now is the leaked version but there are alot of bugs and it isn't the full version...
    oh, it isn't the full version? i googled it and saw that it's supposed to come out this month. i guess i'll wait for the full version just in case, especially if there are a lot of bugs.

do we have any idea when this month? i feel like we have waited long enough already.

thanks.
    09-08-09 03:10 PM
    I feel like the guy in the AT&T commercial. My BB is in 'paperweight mode' now.

I synced it yesterday with the beta program and got 2 or 3 uneditable copies of each contact and all my calendar items. Then when I tried to sync it again the program doesn't even see the device connected to the computer.

So I deleted DM and reinstalled PocketMac. Unfortunately, that didn't see the device either.

So I uninstalled Pocketmac, removed all traces of both programs from the computer and then wiped the BB thinking that I'll just start over from scratch. I had not much to lose. Everything I have on the BB can be replaced with one successful sync of my calendar and contacts so I wasn't losing much of anything.

But now neither application will recognize that the BB is connected to the computer. And my BB sits contactless and appointmentless. Which is probably better than having it get tossed off the balcony, I suppose.

What a monumental disappointment.
    09-08-09 08:16 PM
    So far the only issue I've encountered is duplicated contacts that cannot be deleted from the phone- as though they are locked.
    09-09-09 12:25 AM
    oh, it isn't the full version? i googled it and saw that it's supposed to come out this month. i guess i'll wait for the full version just in case, especially if there are a lot of bugs.

do we have any idea when this month? i feel like we have waited long enough already.

thanks.
    i'm pretty sure RIM has doing lots of problems and, since now, they are not able to resolve it...

did you ever think why both pochetmac and missyingsync has lots of problems and bugs? because the OS of RIM is too complicated to sync with mac OS... simple, really simple... and RIM is in the same situation of pocketmac and missing sync softwares, which both are years that were trying to resolve problems and bugs....

that's why i'm afraid and that's the reason because RIM announced it in september the desktop for mac but, today is the 9 september, didn't launch it yet....

thinking on my friends....

p.s: too bad if my thoughts are true...
    09-09-09 07:30 AM
    When is the release date for the program? I've been away from the internet for far too long now! Need to catch up!
    09-09-09 07:35 AM
    The official Blackberry/RIM facebook "Page" posted an alert saying that it was now available! The link that it took you to was to the Blackberry website telling you that DM was coming soon in September and that you should d/l PocketMac in the mean time.

The post was immediately removed by the Blackberry FB "Page" after minutes and already had 2 "likes". Wow it must really be imminent. Or, someone over there just blew their load too early..
    09-09-09 10:20 AM
    I cannot keep this stupid "your service for the devices calendar has changed" message from coming up. Happens every 2 or 3 syncs and means I either have to duplicate everything, or I lose changes I have made. UGH!!

I hate to do it, but I'm going back to Missing Sync. Right now this thing is just not happening.
    09-09-09 03:42 PM
    Is there a way to back up my 3rd party apps and my themes on my Mac using the DM?
    09-09-09 10:21 PM
    I found the program great EXCEPT on the 2nd sync my Contact program in the BB got corrupted and all I had left was one contact (partial name) listed 5 times. Could not add a contact anyway I tried, had to spend 3 hours with BB Tech support to resolve problem. Everything else seemed to work great, calendar, itunes, notes, and items to do. Looks like still has a few bugs. Even with PM I cannot sync contacts right. I lose lots of phone numbers
    09-09-09 10:30 PM
    Problem with this is it locks your contacts on your phone. You can't update them or change them at all. It give this error. Contact update externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed. WTF. I can't do anything on my phone with contacts besides adding a new one. ANY ONE know how to fix this??
    09-10-09 02:45 PM
    Problem with this is it locks your contacts on your phone. You can't update them or change them at all. It give this error. Contact update externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed. WTF. I can't do anything on my phone with contacts besides adding a new one. ANY ONE know how to fix this??
    I dont think there is a fix for it yet. Many of us are having the exact problems, but you probably know that already. I'm wondering if sync back with DM for windows will correct the problems I'm having with contacts.
    09-10-09 03:30 PM
    There's a thread on the "locked contact" issue here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/err...rnally-309560/
    09-10-09 04:06 PM
    I'm running under Snow Leopard, and although I don't completely 'trust' DM beta, it works for the most part. I was very cautious and only synced one 'chunk' at a time, contacts, then cal, then tasks then notes.

Net-Net: Notes, Memos, Calendar appear to work fine. Address Book is flakey - can't update on the BB, the dreaded 'The service for your device's Address Book has changed' error. DO NOT MERGE if you get this message. I made that mistake and got dupes on the device. Thank goodness I didn't get dups on the Mac side.

Regarding Notes/Memos and Tasks, this is what I've observed so far.

1. Note created on desktop in iMail transfers to BB and ends up under Memo, but Memo created on BB side, doesn't make it to desktop iMail. (Caveat - on BB Memo side, I DID NOT select a category.

2. Tasks created on BB side DO make it to iMail and iCal tasks. (Have not completely tested this) I only keep one calendar (Home). Would love to keep others, but I got so burned using MissingSync/PocketMac 'solutions,' i.e., duplicate entries, lost entries, hanging, etc. that I combined all calendars to just one (KISS principle).

In general, I am ignorant about how tasks when assigned to categories show up/make different calendars on the desktop side. (I'm relatively new to Mac and came from the Outlook world - where they had categories for calendar entries) Sure wish RIM would do this (and for contacts too).

I got calendar and contacts to go back and forth, but the first time I had to overwrite device in both cases. I can sync but do get an warning message about a 'service change' so I cancelled the contact sync. I learned the hard way that if you select 'merge' you will get duplicate contacts on the BB.

Like the rest of you, I get the contacts "The service for your device's Address Book has changed." message and can't figure out how to solve the problem. My personal work around is to update the Address Book on the Mac until FCS of the Mac DM
    Last edited by wm_j_ray; 09-13-09 at 02:45 PM.
    09-10-09 09:15 PM
    Yes. I have 15 calendars and 8 contact groups. The contacts synced, but the groups do not apply. They are listed under filters, but whenever I turn on a filter there are no contacts listed.
    My understanding is...you need to create a new calendar in iCal (call it...blackberry let's say), then put all of your events in that calendar. As far as groups on address book...it does not happen.
    09-10-09 09:21 PM
    My understanding is...you need to create a new calendar in iCal (call it...blackberry let's say), then put all of your events in that calendar. As far as groups on address book...it does not happen.
    Yeah, I have schedules set up like that--2 on the BB and in iCal--both named the same, still have major issues with the sync. You can check my previous posts in this thread for details. Don't get it, assume they have to have different signatures in the code, but I'm not a programmer.
    09-10-09 11:25 PM
    Everything is working great for me. Reloaded the OS today and the restore worked perfectly
    same here using a 9000 bold and snow leopard
    09-11-09 10:37 AM
    I'll stick with the iPod Touch for my calendar. Not a big deal. This way I can use the calendar while on a call, without having to put the caller on speakerphone.
    09-11-09 11:05 AM
    G5 iMac running Leopard.
    Curve 9700 running 4.6.1.231

Getting duplicate entries in my contacts on my device. I'm unable to delete my duplicates. No error or anything. Just asks "Delete" or "Cancel" When I press "Delete", nothing happens.
    Everything else I've tried works fine.
    BTW. I'm one of the users that has no trouble with PocketMac. No duplicate entries. It just works great for me. This has its bugs for sure. Hope the real release has them worked out.
    09-11-09 03:11 PM
    After a third sync, notes from memopad on the blackberry have appeared in Mail

The only hassle now is the delete/edit contacts issue.
    09-11-09 09:43 PM
    I think I'll refrain from any further syncing until the official release is out. Then I'll have the Mac overwrite the BB contacts.
    09-11-09 09:45 PM
    Shrunk all my contact pics.. and also gave me multiples of the same contacts.
    09-11-09 10:58 PM
    Ok. I tried this on 3 different macs today and it simply does not work.

It throws up a sync error message and won't sync anything. Backup also produces an error message.

I hope RIM sort this app out before release. It does look good though. lol
    09-12-09 09:19 PM
    Ok. I tried this on 3 different macs today and it simply does not work.

It throws up a sync error message and won't sync anything. Backup also produces an error message.

I hope RIM sort this app out before release. It does look good though. lol
    what OS? any other sync software on those macs (pocketmac or missing sync, etc..)?

Works on both my Pro and Macbook
    09-13-09 12:07 AM
    Odd...works fine for my BB Tour on my MacBookPro & iMac 24 inch. The media uploads fine as well as my contacts and calendars. But I would rather be using the relese...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 04:22 AM
    Gone back to pocketmac and one way syncing from my curve.

After this latest sync it started doubling up on some ical items. If it hadn't done that I would have waited for the official release to correct the edit/delete issue.
    09-13-09 06:43 AM
210 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD